Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FAX disconnects during handshake

We just ported a branch from TDM to SIP.

The branch has an MGCP gateway with FXS ports and a FAX machine plugged into one of the ports.

Since the port, the branch is unable to receive FAXes from most local and LD transmissions, it worked before the port.

We have other branches using the SIP for FAXes with no problem, the CUBE router dial peers are configured for FAX passthrough and no VAD and are all configured the same.

Calling the FAX number results in the call getting routed to the branch gateway, the FXS port goes off hook and the FAX handshake begins.

You can hear the tone and it almost immidiately stops, but the call stays connected.

One user sent a FAX, it rang once and the report showed "no answer", but some FAXes get through.

Another user cannot send to the branch from home (rings once), but the branch can send to her home.

Any input would be appreciated.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: FAX disconnects during handshake

Hi Wilson

I like to start with the configuration. Can you send me CUBE and MGCP GW configuration. Based on that, I may give you some suggestions.

Thank you

- abu

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content