Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Fax Machine - FXS Port issue

Dear All

I have H.323 VG router, i have FXS port which a FAX machine is connected to, i configured the required dial-peer. and i can send fax. but the problem is i can not receive. i have this issue, i dont know if it is efecting. when i conenct analog phone on the FXS port, and when i am calling this phone from my mobile, i am not hearing ring back tone !! although the analoge phone is ringing. when the phone is picked up, the communication will establish clearly, so is it effecting the fax problem. i think some thing should be done on my E1 line.

waiting for you guys

Regards

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Fax Machine - FXS Port issue

Which protocol are you running on the E1?

Also check "show controllers E1" for slips and if any configure networck-clock-participate and -select.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi, I had the same thing regarding ringback for incoming calls:

It would work when calling from a fixed line, but not from my mobile

Once I have configured "voice call send-alert", ringback worked also for mobile calls.

HTH (at least for the ringback portion of your problem)

/David

We had a similar problem with our VG224 gateways. When we updated the IOS to version 12.4(15)T1 the problems went away.

Thank David,

I was having the ringback problem, and it is gone after I configured "voice call send-alert".

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content