Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Machine on FXS

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I have a fax machine connected to an FXS port on CME. The problem happens when somebody calls from outside and then hangs up. The fax machine is not hanging up sometimes and sometimes it takes up to 45seconds to hang up. I tried to tweak the timeouts under the port but still the same problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Regards,

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think you can do anything about it. It's the fax takes takes 45 seconds trying to establish a link that will never happen.

In theory, you could send battery reversal or power denial to tell the fax that the call had been disconnected, by in my experience most model will ignore any line singalling.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hello,

So what would be the solution then? Sometimes the port stays off-hook for a long time.

Thanks,

If the port stays off-hook, it's either because the FAX is or the FXO port on which you received the calls is.

Do you have FXO ?

In that case the problem may be there, as lack of supervisory disconnect:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Hello,

Actually, the FAX is connected to an FXS port. THe feed from PSTN is a PRI.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Would changing the old fax machine to a new one solve the issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: