Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax problem on FXS-DID module

marco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need simply to connect an analog fax to one port on a 4FSX-DID module.

The problem is this: I've lot of transmission errors on outgoing faxes, and always uncompleted pages on incoming faxes.

The fact strange is that I've no error using a PC with an Internal modem and Windows Fax.

But I cannot use obviously this solution.

The port is configured like this:

!

voice-port 0/2/0

output attenuation -5

no comfort-noise

cptone IT

bearer-cap Speech

caller-id enable

!

dial-peer voice 170 pots

description Fax

destination-pattern 88888888

port 0/2/0

!

I've tried to disable echo cancellation too, and modifying the output attenuation too, but with no results.

Moreover, I'm not able to disable the error correction on the fax (I think this may be a solution).

Anyone has encountered a similar problem before?

Thanks a lot.

Marco.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good luck. You need to set yourself for remote access to the CCME Marco, so when the customer wants something changed (happens often) or there are problems, you can remotely configure and diagnose. You could even access via ISDN as the router can handle both voice and data calls on the same interface.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Marco is this the installation with calls coming from in E1 PRI ?

If so please check show controller E1, you may have slips causing this.

Remember to explain a little more the application, else people will be unable to help! E.g. in this case one could suggest t.38 fax relay but it doesn't apply because it's an "all POTS" application.

Yes, the calls are coming from the E1 PRI.

I'll can only check the status of E1 only tomorrow morning.

In the meanwhile, thanks a lot for you precious advices.

Marco.

Ehmmm.. sorry for the basic question, but what do you mean with "slips"?

Thanks again.

It is not men's underwear as one may think, but loss of synchronization between clocks in a framed circuit. To compensate, one side skips a frame and this is called a slip. Easy to fix with network-clock-partecipate and select commands.

ROTFL for the first sentence.... :D

Being seriuos, I've found this document:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K18062646

I'll check tomorrow, thanks a lot.

I've found this interesting document, where in the symptoms there are the fax problems I have.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008031a072.shtml

What I have understood reading the documents until now is that, this configuration involves anyway only the E1 controller, right?

Thanks.

Ok, I've read all the old posts with the same problem, and now the situation is much more clear to me.

I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot.

Marco.

Good luck. You need to set yourself for remote access to the CCME Marco, so when the customer wants something changed (happens often) or there are problems, you can remotely configure and diagnose. You could even access via ISDN as the router can handle both voice and data calls on the same interface.

Solved. network-clock select was missing...

Thanks a lot.

Marco.

Good to know, thanks for the nice rating, and best luck Marco.

rrios1975
Level 1
Level 1

Marco, I also need to connect a fax to an FXS port using my SRST. I can dial out to send faxes, but how can I configure it to receive faxes. I guess I have to do a route plan for this DN to the FXS port, but how and where can I do this? Can you help?

I assume you are connected to PST by T1/E1 and DID (ISDN or not). Simply configure:

dial-peer voice 777 pots

destination-pattern

port x/y/z

If you are not sure how the number is sent (how many digits), do "debug isdn q931" and "term mon", then place a call from outside.

Hello rrios,

I've tried to email you but you system returns an error: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable; (in reply to end of DATA command)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: