Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Fax solution on Cisco 2811 not working for me yet

Can anyone please help responding the following question in regards to a t.37 on ramp configuration on a Cisco 2811 router (gateway).

Currently we have an ISDN PRI (E1) link connected to the gateway and this is configured as a MGCP gateway in a Cisco Call Manager 4.1 platform.

I am setting up the T.37 on ramp Fax solution on the gateway but I can't get any inbound calls to work as I understand t.37 on-ramp is not supported in an MGCP environment.

I am wondering whether the gateway can be configured to terminate calls via MGCP and at the same time terminate calls via h323 so that the T.37 on ramp fax solution can work in the same router. Does anyone know if this is possible?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Fax solution on Cisco 2811 not working for me yet

Hi,

You have an E1 pri which is controlled by MGCP (Callmanager is controlling your E1 circuit). So even if you run H323 and MGCP on the same router, your Interfaces are still controlled by your CCM using MGCP, this is why MGCP is not supported.

What you can try is to do, is have one E1 controlled by MGCP and another one controlled by H323.

I would rather advice you to completly migrate from MGCP to H323, i ve done that exactly for the same reasons (T.37). The migration need to be good planned, go through CCO and you ll find a lot of config and example for H323/E1.

HTH

Re: Fax solution on Cisco 2811 not working for me yet

HTH,

Do you know of any other fax solution I can try implementing with the current configuration, that is via MGCP and the call manager perhaps... we require quite urgently to be able to receive faxes and send them in an email to users in our internal network?

Migrating to h323 might not be a valid option for us at the moment, as all the changes that will be required will take time to plan as our phone system relies on the current configuration. Any other suggestions will be appreciated...

Regards,

Esteban

Views
Helpful
Replies