Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Fax through MGCP PRI to a Cisco VG224?

Hi

I am having some issues with getting some faxes correctly through my Cisco 2911 PRI and out from a VG224 into a One-box Faxserver. The One-box is a fax server that makes them into pdf files. The files looks like someone have crumbled the paper before it went into the conversion process. Faxes that go straight from fax to fax work ok.

I have little knowledge when it comes to fax and passthrough and relay so I really need some help here.

On the MGCP gateway and the VG224 should Cisco FAX relay and T38 FAX relay be enabled?

In the router config should the "modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw" exist?

All help is appreciated.

Regards

Eirik

8 REPLIES

No one?

Super Bronze

Hi

What version of CUCM are you running?

What IOS on the 2911 and VG224?

What commands you should have on there depend on whether you want to use t.38 or passthrough. If you have recent software versions I'd probably start with T.38.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron.

Sorry for the lack of info.

I am on CUCM 8.0.3 with the 2911 on 15.0(1)M4 and the VG224 I think is the same. I am not currently onsite. Everything is about a year old.

Could be that the fax-server is using T38 yes. So I can't run both t.38 and passthrough and have the end equipment figure it out......? Sorry I am blank on this subject.

Regards

Eirik

Super Bronze

Hi

I'd try T.38 in that case then.

Re: the fax-server, it connects to analogue ports, so it doesn't know or care what T.38 is. T.38 runs only on the part of the call betwen your VG224 and the 2911.

Assuming both are MGCP, do this on both:

no mgcp fax t38 inhibit

mgcp package-capability fxr-package

mgcp default-package fxr-package

In CUCM on the gateway/E1 config pages, ensure you have 'T38 Fax Relay' set to enabled. That's default I think.

Then run up a fax call, and 'show voice call summary' should show t38 as the codec if it's working.

Bear in mind it's best to have this stuff configured consistently accross the whole setup. Some older devices like ATA186s can't go T.38.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Again Aaron.

The VG224 is SCCP and the 2911 is MGCP.....

Are you still having issues with this?

Yes. I haven't been able to focus on the issue lately. Do you know of a solution?

Green

Elrik,

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxsrelay.html#wp1114929

On the SCCP VG224

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. voice service voip

4. fax protocol t38 nse force

5. fax protocol cisco

6. fax-relay sg3-to-g3

7. end

Hope this helps

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content