Views
Helpful
Replies

Filter Directory Number with Mail Box - Callmanager 5.1.3

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a solution of CallManager 5.1.3 with 3500 IP Phones and ask for me if is possible to filter only DN that have mail box configured. Is it this possibility?

Thanks,

Wilson Santana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this is possible as Jonathan said you could run a query from the command line or use the SOAP/AXL API to submit a sql query.  Nothing native to CUCM for this type of query.

If you use putty you can log the output of a sql command from the cli to a text file.

The following query will get you near what you are looking for I think:

admin: run sql select dnorpattern, cfadestination, cfavoicemailenabled from numplan order by dnorpattern

You can then use excel or something to parse this out to suit your customer's needs.  Or if you wanted separate queries:

Oh, and since you are using 5.1.3, the 8.0 data dictionary won't help you as the schema has changed significantly.  Here is the 5.x database schema:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/datadict/5_0_4/dd504.pdf

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Filter to/for what?

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Mailbox configured is a tricky questions

You can have a VM profile defined but that does not mean you have a VM box configured in your VM server

so please check the VM server (If unity we have subscriber reports, if CUE you can see mailboxes configured as well directly) IF avaya or other cotact them directly

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What do you mean?  Are you looking for a way to determine which numbers have a voicemail profile assigned in CUCM?  If you are looking for definitive confirmation on mailbox existance/assignment then you would need to check your voicemail system directly.  If you are looking for vm profile assignment (which is, at a minimum, a superset of the previous) then you can get that from the CUCM system using a query like the following:

admin: run sql select vmp.name as vmprofile, n.dnorpattern from numplan as n inner join voicemessagingprofile as vmp on vmp.pkid=n.fkvoicemessagingprofile order by vmp.name, n.dnorpattern

See if the above helps.  There may also be a Cisco Unified Report for the same data but I don't recall if 5.1.3 has the Cisco Unified Reporting interface or not (check your Navigation drop down box, top right of browser to see).  If the query doesn't help, please provide more clarification on what you would like to accomplish.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

VM profile is not guarantee of VM, you can have None and Use default and still have VM configured in your VM system.

In Unified Reporting we dont have such report, as I stated above correct place to look is VM boxand run reports for mailboxes

Hi Guys,

I will try clarify better my question. Who I informed previous, my Customer have 3500 IP Phones. There are many Directory number with forward all to anothyer directory number, there are many directory number with forward all to voice mail and there are many directory number without forward all. The Customer is asking if is possible filter the 03 groups to identify what directory number have configuration.

Thanks,

Wilson Santana

There's no way of doing this in the UCM Administration GUI. You could do this with a SQL query from the CLI or a presumably the SOAP APIs.

The SQL commands are referenced here: Command  Line Interface Reference Guide for Cisco Unified Communications  Solutions Release 8.0(2)

The Informix schema is documented here: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Data Dictionary  Release 8.0(1)

Yes, this is possible as Jonathan said you could run a query from the command line or use the SOAP/AXL API to submit a sql query.  Nothing native to CUCM for this type of query.

If you use putty you can log the output of a sql command from the cli to a text file.

The following query will get you near what you are looking for I think:

admin: run sql select dnorpattern, cfadestination, cfavoicemailenabled from numplan order by dnorpattern

You can then use excel or something to parse this out to suit your customer's needs.  Or if you wanted separate queries:

Oh, and since you are using 5.1.3, the 8.0 data dictionary won't help you as the schema has changed significantly.  Here is the 5.x database schema:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/datadict/5_0_4/dd504.pdf

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: