cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Find calls to translation patterns

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering if it's possible to find how many calls are being dialed to a number that's being translated to another number?  

I've read some info in the CDR documation that summarized the answer best best with "When you add calling and called party transformations to a route pattern  or translation pattern, CallManager logs the transformed numbers in the  CDRs and renders the transformed numbers on the display of the calling  phone. CallManager does not insert transformations specified on the  route list’s route group details (or applied by a individual egress  gateway) in the CDRs or render them on the calling device."

All that aside are there creative ways to get the quantity of calls to a "pre translated" number?   My cynical side makes me think "Just change the Route Option to blocked and see who squaks," but I'm sure that's only going to work for a few situations.

Here's some specifics about my environment:

CUCM 8.5

Various ISR running MGCP running 12.4.24T, but I'm working on moving to H.323 configured 2901s running 15.2.4

Currently all translation are being done on the CUCM, but if having the 2901s do the translations that's fine too.

Thanks,

TONY

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

If you are looking at an option to find the calls made to specific translation patterns on cucm, you can use the following method.

Navigate to Cisco Unified Serviceability >> Tools >> CDR Analysis and Reporting

Once the new menu opens up, Go to CDR >> Export CDR.

Export the CDR Dump and Right Click on the CDR link and Save Link as.

This will save it as a text file and you can convert it to CSV which will open in Excel format.

Then you can easily search for calls made to any translation pattern.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

If you are looking at an option to find the calls made to specific translation patterns on cucm, you can use the following method.

Navigate to Cisco Unified Serviceability >> Tools >> CDR Analysis and Reporting

Once the new menu opens up, Go to CDR >> Export CDR.

Export the CDR Dump and Right Click on the CDR link and Save Link as.

This will save it as a text file and you can convert it to CSV which will open in Excel format.

Then you can easily search for calls made to any translation pattern.

HTH

Manish

I have this problem as well, and the single phone number search and full CDR dump both don't work.  My situation might be unique in that when an employee leaves, I delete their phone from the system and make the extension (for example, 7620) a translation pattern and I set a transform mask of *7400 (which is a mailbox in Unity that plays a recording saying the line has been disconnected).  I'd like to report on how many calls are being made to the 7620 translation pattern (so I can determine if I can reuse the extension for a new hire), but the only number that is saved as the original called number is 7400.  Is there a way around my situation?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: