cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding an 800# in CUCM

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to CM, so I apologize for a basic question.

I'm trying to find how a particular 1-800 number routes.

For our local DNs, I'm familiar with checking Translation Patterns and DNs.  But for a 1-800, how are those usually handled.  Does our provider (Verizon) translate that to a local DN?  So I would have to contact them to obtain the mapping? 

(We use CUCM 8.5 and an inbound SIP trunk from Verizon into a Cube router)

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You usually don't get all the digits for a call, most usually you only get 4 and route them with those, you can ask telco to change that if there's overlapping and you need more digits.

Start by finding out how many digits you get from your telco and see if something resembles that 800 number in your system, otherwise, yes, contact them and ask them how are they delivering that into your GW, then you can see how you're routing it in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most toll free numbers are switched to a DID, but some are delivered with DNIS number. Your best bet to find out what you receive is perform a debug on the voice gateway/CUBE (debug ccsip messages or debug ccsip calls) or you can establish the call and do "sh sip-ua calls", with SIP trunk you should be getting the full e164 number or the DNIS.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You usually don't get all the digits for a call, most usually you only get 4 and route them with those, you can ask telco to change that if there's overlapping and you need more digits.

Start by finding out how many digits you get from your telco and see if something resembles that 800 number in your system, otherwise, yes, contact them and ask them how are they delivering that into your GW, then you can see how you're routing it in CUCM.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most toll free numbers are switched to a DID, but some are delivered with DNIS number. Your best bet to find out what you receive is perform a debug on the voice gateway/CUBE (debug ccsip messages or debug ccsip calls) or you can establish the call and do "sh sip-ua calls", with SIP trunk you should be getting the full e164 number or the DNIS.

HTH,

Chris

Very helpful - thanks.  The sh sip-ua calls confirmed that it's coming across as a 4 digit DNIS  (not the same as the last four of the 1-800#, so our teleco most be re-mapping it).  I've asked them for a full list, but for now this gave me what I need.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: