cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

finding the device name prefix

richard pititto
Level 1
Level 1

hello i have everything setup with cucm but i cant figure out what my device name prefix is and because of this it wont work can someone help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Indeed that error is that you're failing to match what you configure in CUCM Vs. what you configure in CUC, follow the integration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

No MAC addresses are needed for this, and the name is free form

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi.
Cisco IP PHONES, Thir party Sip phones, IP Communicator starts with SEP followed by mac address.
Jabber for android starts with BOT followed by username
Jabber for IPhone starts with TCT followed by username
Jabber for Windows and MAC starts with CSF followed by username.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

so you take the mac address of the IP phone like this SEPmacadd-VI?

Edit

i tired it that way and i still get the same message when i test it

Port rich-1-001: Failed connecting to Cisco Unified Communications Manager ipadd:2000

Failure reason: ErrorCannotEstablishWinsockConnection. connectToServer(ip add:2000)->0x80045A03

Start by specifying, exactly, what device youre asking about, you failed to mention that, which is the most important piece of info of your question...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

yea sorry about that didnt really have time to, i have a 7940 ip phone, and cucm 8.6 running on a mcs 7814 I4 server and basically i need to know how to setup the "device name prefix" because of the above error i dicussed, i read somewhere this process involves a TSP but i cant find it anywhere can you help me?

I have honestly no idea what you're doing, or attempting to do, the device name concept does not exist with phones, you type in the MAC address from the phone and it generates the description as SEP.

The device name exists for endpoints which are not tied to a MAC address (Jabber, VM ports, etc), which phones are.

You don't mention exactly what you're doing when you get the error, or where you get the error.

If you're an end user, you should reach your local support team.

HTH

java

HTH

java

i dont wanna keep wasting your time ill keep searching for an answer, but to answer your questions i got the errors when i did the Test Port Group when i was in the Port group page in cucm connection administration and im almost positive these errors are because i dont know my device name prefix which ive seen for example as CiscoUM1-VI, now when you say you type in the mac address i was wondering where you enter it in and where this description would be, also what im doing is setting up the port group for my ip phone here are the erros again

Task Execution Results
SeverityIssueRecommendationDetails
Port rich-1-001: Test failedVerify port and port group settings are correct and match the settings configured on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster
Port rich-1-001: 192.168.0.4 resolved to 192.168.0.4 (TFTP server)

Port rich-1-001: 192.168.0.4 resolved to 192.168.0.4 (Cisco Unified Communications Manager server)

Port rich-1-001: Failed connecting to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 192.168.0.4:2000Verify port and port group settings are correct and match the settings configured on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager clusterFailure reason: ErrorCannotEstablishWinsockConnection. connectToServer(192.168.0.4:2000)->0x80045A03

thanks for the help

Indeed that error is that you're failing to match what you configure in CUCM Vs. what you configure in CUC, follow the integration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

No MAC addresses are needed for this, and the name is free form

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hello Richard,

If this is indeed for the Unity Connection integration with CUCM, ignore this test and run the test on the each individual port and you shouldn't see any error.

Regards,

David.

i tried Test Port  on the Port page and got the same error i dont know if that is what you were talking about im not that good with call Manager

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Richard

What are you trying to integrate ? Is cucm with unity connection ?

Please check the integration
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.