Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware upgrade on 7941

vikas2903
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Call manager is 4.1.3, and I was running 8.2.2 and wanted to upgrade to 8.3.3. Here is how I did:

- Downloaded sccp-8.3.3.exe from CCO

- Installed the exe on the system having call manager

- Rebooted the phone

Now, I could see 7941 copying some files and after some time it is stuck with the message upgrading with a mac address showing next to it. Now it has been almost 12 hours, and it is in the same state. Please let me know if you have see n a similar situation.

Thanks!!

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

If the firmware load is not found on the Load Server, the phone does not upgrade and is not redirected to the TFTP Server 1 or TFTP Server 2.

"On a factory reset or during a software recovery operation, the phone may fall back to using TFTP Server 1 or TFTP Server 2 to recover the phone load. In these scenarios, the phone will recover the phone load either via the term70.default.loads or term71.default.loads file, or it will attempt to recover the phone load based on its load.hist file.

"If the phone is auto-registering with Cisco Unified CallManager for the first time, the phone will request the phone load via TFTP Server 1 or TFTP Server 2. This will only occur once when the phone is first installed into the system. This can be mitigated by preloading the phones with the correct firmware so that no firmware upgrade is required in combination with the auto-registration, or by auto-registering the phones at the main site prior to deployment at a remote site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: