Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Fixed feature button(s) 1 cannot be changed error

...Please make sure the button number matches the relative positions in the button list.

 

Recently upgraded to CUCM 10.5.1 from 8.6.1.

Now when I'm editing phone button settings (via "Modify Button Items"), I can't seem to change

what is already on the phone's button 1.  I could only delete it and re-create.

 

I used to be able to reorder lines, put lines as unassigned on any button on the phone with ease with

CUCM 8.6.1.  Doesn't work anymore with whatever line is assigned to "button 1" on the phone.

 

Is there a setting I need to change on 10.5.1 to go back to what I could do with 8.6.1?

 

Thanks!!!!

5 REPLIES
New Member

Did you have any luck

Did you have any luck figuring this issue out?

We recently upgraded to 10.5.1, and I am seeing this issue.

New Member

Presumably some other design

Presumably some other design changes were made in between CM 8 and CM 9 that produced this side effect.  You can move any of the lines around, but cannot make any changes to button 1 / Line 1 -- it is now special.  I assume there are some extra under-the-hood database hooks to button 1.  This is highlighted, depending upon which device type you are working with.  For example, when accessing the Manage Button Associations page for a CIPC, you see Line 1 notes "Fixed feature - button 1"  A 7821 does not show this note, but the behavior is the same.

The work-around at this point is to delete both buttons, and manually re-add them in the correct order.  It may also possible to do the same thing via bulk updates, but nothing via the Modify Button Items link on the web page like you used to with CM 8.x.

I had the following defect created to track this issue, so be sure any TAC cases you open reference it and perhaps the developers will eventually fix this.  Please pile onto:

CSCus20299 - Include method to switch lines 1 and 2 through modify button items

 

Cheers,

Neal

New Member

Still no work around listed

Still no work around listed in the Bug nor a Fixed version..

The Severity is listed as: 6 Enhancement. (Enhancement: a day to day function that Used to work)

 

I think it should receive a bit more attention then it is at the moment.

 

New Member

I realize this might be a

I realize this might be a long way around... but, I am able to use AXL calls to do this.

SoapUI is your friend if you have never tried it.

I use getPhone with the UUID or devicename of the phone and, among other things, I got the below


**Some numbers altered**

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <soapenv:Body>
      <ns:getPhoneResponse xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/10.0">
         <return>
            <phone ctiid="3955" uuid="{F8D846EF-71CB-D410-E677-7C792CCED9E0}">
               <name>SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX</name>
               <description>Phone Description</description>
               <product>Cisco 7965</product>
               <lines>
               <line uuid="{6F49AC7E-2B51-F8CF-3692-347A5111458B}">
                     <index>2</index>
                     <display>Second Line Display</display>
                     <dirn uuid="{69E764CE-6DF5-4BE7-928B-547BEFD97D90}">
                        <pattern>1234</pattern>
                     </dirn>
                  </line>
                     <line uuid="{94F8D1B2-1183-D3AD-3398-AF1B021E1447}">
                     <index>1</index>
                     <display>First Line Display</display>
                     <dirn uuid="{C6704824-9A3D-4F95-BFE1-33688723DAB4}">
                        <pattern>4321</pattern>
                     </dirn>
                  </line>              
               </lines>
            </phone>
         </return>
      </ns:getPhoneResponse>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

All I did was change the index numbers to suit my new order and ran updatePhone


<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/10.0">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <ns:updatePhone>
         <name>SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX</name>
               <lines>
               <line uuid="{6F49AC7E-2B51-F8CF-3692-347A5111458B}">
                     <index>**CHANGE ME TO NEW INDEX**</index>
                     <display>Second Line Display</display>
                     <dirn uuid="{69E764CE-6DF5-4BE7-928B-547BEFD97D90}">
                        <pattern>1234</pattern>
                     </dirn>
                  </line>
                     <line uuid="{94F8D1B2-1183-D3AD-3398-AF1B021E1447}">
                     <index>**CHANGE ME TO NEW INDEX**</index>
                     <display>First Line Display</display>
                     <dirn uuid="{C6704824-9A3D-4F95-BFE1-33688723DAB4}">
                        <pattern>4321</pattern>
                     </dirn>
                  </line>              
               </lines>>
      </ns:updatePhone>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

This re-ordered the lines without having issues. Hopefully this helps someone.

 

New Member

Interesting.  If you can do

Interesting.  If you can do this via API calls, it seems like it should be fairly straightforward for the developers to fix what they broke so it works natively within the GUI again.  Unfortunately, this bug is currently at a low priority Sev 6.  As more folks come across it, be sure to attach the bug ID to your TAC case to give it more visibility so that it can get fixed before the years roll by.  Cheers!

1884
Views
0
Helpful
5
Replies