cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fixed IP phone config

h_hammad
Level 1
Level 1

Can I have DHCP enabled on Cisco IP phone and hardcode CM IP address at the same time ?

Thank you

HH

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Aaron

If your problem is the name resolution, you can modify Call manager server name with its IP address and phone will no longer asked to resolve the name of CUCM.

In this case you need to modify enterprise parameters for URLs for Corporate Directory and IP Phone services.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

Hi

Where did you change the server name? You should change the server reference in the System/Server page of CCMAdmin, not the actual server hostname on the OS Admin or CLI.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi.

With IP Phone using SIP you can modify the XML configuration files fixing the CUCM IP Address and upload these files to the phone with an alternate tftp server.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Carlo

It is SCCP phone , I want to do that because I have centraized TFTP server which provide .cnf.xml files to the phones , and I dont have DNS and no plan to have it , so when the phone receive to .cnf file , it tries to register with the CM and "Registraion rejected , security error " message shown on the phone , when I check status messages it shows DNS lookup time out , so I configure DNS on my machine just to test and it works fine .

Now I am looking for solution to avoide use DNS and able to register with CM with it's IP .

Thanks Carlo

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can set DHCP, the disable it - and the phone 'remembers' the assigned address. Once disabled you can edit the TFTP setting.

Alternatively any decent DHCP server will allow you to set a reservation for the MAC address in question, and specify different options for it (e.g. a different Option 150 setting).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

MY TFTP server is CUCM server , and there is no way to edit the tftp setting inside it , it is just enable or diable the serivce , more over if I disable the tftp on the phone still I can't edit the CM address .

Thanks Aaron

Hi Aaron

If your problem is the name resolution, you can modify Call manager server name with its IP address and phone will no longer asked to resolve the name of CUCM.

In this case you need to modify enterprise parameters for URLs for Corporate Directory and IP Phone services.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo ,

I have tried this , and then I had a cluster DBreplication problem , Even after change the server name to It's IP , from the TFTP  was still pointing to Publisher by it name not IP address .

Thanks

Hi

Where did you change the server name? You should change the server reference in the System/Server page of CCMAdmin, not the actual server hostname on the OS Admin or CLI.

Aaron

Hi.

I would also add to what Aaron suggested, to change the name to IP address even in Cisco Unified CM in System Menu.

HTH

Carlo

I have changed it and reset the cluster ,and it work fine , thank you guys