cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

force background image?

bji
Level 1
Level 1

Once the custom background image is working for the 7970 telephones, we wondered if it was possible to force a particular image across the enterprise. I've tried the "Background Deployment 1.0" product from VoIP Integration but like some others, it doesn't seem to work.

I see how to force the Idle image but not the standard background. Any ideas? This is for CCM 4.x.

2 Replies 2

wboonshen
Level 1
Level 1

One thing you can do is to find the image file for the background and then replace it with the background that you wanted. This way it will foce all the phones to download the new image. I've did this before and it worked. The image should be at the tftp folder on your CM server.

tfelmly
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to know this too. All of our 7970's are using the default image built into the phone so renaming a file on the TFTP server isn't an option. I don't know why Cisco didn't put this into BAT?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: