Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Force IP Phone 7925 to get 2.4GHz and 802.11g?

Hi all,

good day

My costumer is having problem with IP Phones WIfi 7925G, they experience some lost of voice in certain amount if intervals, even from Local Lan to Local WLan (the phone standing in the same place).

furter investigations had revelared the following.

1.- All the phones get frecuency of 5HZ and 802.11a.

2.- RRT from local branch ruter to branch phones get 500ms latency average.

Success rate is 99 percent (992/1000), round-trip min/avg/max = 8/495/1964 ms

3.- And 3% paquet lost.

4.- Everything is connected de Gigagith Ethernet, because our branch infraestructure uses switches 3750X and 3925 router.

We are using Cisco AP's AIR-CAP3602I-A-K9, for wlan connection, but the WLAN department does not see anything strange.

I would like to ask you.

For that model of AP, and that model of IP phone, which would be the best Hz, band (802,11 a/b/g), and distance (meters) to hace an acceptable >300 RRT delay.

could you please share some of your experiences?

This is how look my Wifi Phone Today.

Capture.PNG

Could you give me a good advise?

Kind regards.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

How can interpret this version (CP7925G-MFG-F.3.LOAD3)?

This is an "interrim software" version.  Basically it has limited performance value and is designed primarily to get your phone to be able to work with wireless so you can upgrade it to a newer version.

Like I said, 792XG's roaming issue was finally fixed starting with 1.4(3) and I strongly recommend you search for a newer or newest version of the firmware and load it up. 

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

The firmware of your 792XG should be running AT LEAST version 1.4(3). 

You can force your phone to choose 802.44b/g but this is not recommendable for voice because of the risks of disconnection due to co-channel interferrence.

Thank you for your answer Leo,!

I just browse the webaccess of my phones and I just found this configuration about the load ID.

But, after search on the TFTP server on my call manager I found this loads.

admin:file list tftp *

CP7925G-1.3.3.LOADS

CP7925G-1.4.1.LOADS

CP7925G-1.4.1SR1.LOADS

My question is,

CP7925G-MFG-F.3.LOADS  is relates to which image in my tftp server?

or

Thanks you very much.

Kind regards, John

The firmware image loaded on your handsets is the inital load that comes from the factory.  The latest version (1.5.4 or 1.4.5) is getting good reviews.  802.11 "A" 5Gig radio is preferred over 802.11 "B" 2.4 Gig.  Have a look at the 7925 deployment guide on CCO.  It details the preferred settings on the wireless LAN and the phone sets. 

Hall of Fame Super Gold

This is an "interrim software" version.  Basically it has limited performance value and is designed primarily to get your phone to be able to work with wireless so you can upgrade it to a newer version.

Like I said, 792XG's roaming issue was finally fixed starting with 1.4(3) and I strongly recommend you search for a newer or newest version of the firmware and load it up. 

Thank you very much Leo,

I have not upgrade the phone yet, but I will, and will tell you later.

This is a final question.

Why my tftp server does not upgrade the phones even having few loads? (CUCM 8.6)

#file list tftp *

CP7925G-1.3.3.LOADS                    

CP7925G-1.4.1.LOADS

CP7925G-1.4.1SR1.LOADS

Normally a Cisco IP Phone would do that automatically, I think ill use the upgrade section inside the phone's administrative web page.

Have a nice day

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Normally a Cisco IP Phone would do that automatically, I think ill use the upgrade section inside the phone's administrative web page.

I am not a CUCM person but I know a few stuffs.  What you are trying to do, upgrade the phones firmware by HTTP into the phone and force an upgrade will not work.

The CUCM database holds the MAC address of the phone.  The MAC address has all the details it'll need to talk and operate in your voice environment including what is the phone's IP address, DN and what firmware IT SHOULD BE USING.  So you will be able to upgrade the phone's firmware via the phone's HTTP address but once the phone reboots, it will DOWNGRADE and match the version found in the CUCM database.

You have two ways to do this properly:

1.  Upgrade the ENTIRE FLEET (Global); or

2.  Upgrade the phones individually.

I believe if you are able to search for Device and Phone (if memory serves me correctly) and look for the phone via the MAC address, you should be able to manually specify the 792XG's firmware to load.

Next, did you restart the CUCM's TFTP server?

Views
Helpful
Replies