Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward All feature

Ahmed Yassin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We have CCM 4.2(3) located in the head office of my company and we have another branch for our company connected to the head office by MPLS line with bandwidth of 6Mbps.

All IP phones in head office and the branch registered on this CCM.

When i adjust Forward All feature on any IP phone in the head office, it works properly.

But, when i adjust Forward All feature on any IP phone in the branch, it gives fast busy tone and doesn't work.

If there any suggestion for this problem.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

If you are referring to Forced Authentication Codes (FAC) or CMCs enforced by CallManager then you will have to:

- Create a new partition

- Add the new partition to a new CSS

- Create a new route pattern to the PSTN without FAC/CMC, and put it in the new Partition

- Assign the new CSS to the lines in the CSS for CFA box

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Take a look at the Call Forward settings of the lines at the remote office.

Calling Search Space for Call Forward All - this should be set to a CSS that permits the destinations that you are able to Call Forward to. Verify this is set to something valid, and try setting it to the same as a head office phone as a test if you think it's correct already.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Sorry, if there is misunderstanding from me, but,  CSS in the branch permits the destinations that you are able to Call Forward to and set to something valid as a head office phone.

Hi

You mean the normal Calling CSS, or the Forward CSS, or both?

Does it fail if you are calling the forwarded phone from an IP Phone, gateway, or both?

Aaron

from branch side, it fails from both

Hi

Does this apply when you are forwarding the phone to a local, internal device, or to PSTN/head office destinations?

If you can't forward it to anywhere, it will almost certainly be a CSS issue.

Can you screen grab the call forward section of the line config?

Also run whatever CSS and call forward target DN through DNA (http://publisherip/dna, assuming you have the service activated) to verify it is set up appropriately.

Regards

Aaron

Hi,

It fails only with external PSTN numbers,  but, success with local extensions.

Please, find attached snap shot

OK - your CSS next to the CFA destination you have set is

What partition are your PSTN route patterns in?

All have same partition Internal_pt

But, sorry i don't understand "your CSS next to the CFA destination you have set is"

Hi

The drop down box next to where you put the PSTN number for forwarding in your screen grab.

As I put in the initial post, that needs to be set to a CSS that includes PSTN destinations.

Regards

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ahmed,

+5 points here Aaron for your good work and great follow-up

Right beside the # 90126711100 in the Call Forward All settings is another

Drop Down box (under Calling Search Space) this CSS needs to be configured

to have access to dial the PSTN numbers - like 90126711100. It is currently

set @ which won't work.

Cheers!

Rob

Thx a lot for your fast answer.

It works as you said.

But, problem came up as i CCS for this line is with code and when it needs code to forward it can't,

So, to overcome problem of line with code with forwording, it is a new problem and sorry for disturbance

Hi

If you are referring to Forced Authentication Codes (FAC) or CMCs enforced by CallManager then you will have to:

- Create a new partition

- Add the new partition to a new CSS

- Create a new route pattern to the PSTN without FAC/CMC, and put it in the new Partition

- Assign the new CSS to the lines in the CSS for CFA box

Regards

Aaron

Ok, it is ok, but, it means to forword this line i must do it from server itsself as if i did it from end point phone, it will take the default of the line leaving the box with none

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: