cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding 10 digits to PSTN

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Ok for some reason I am having a problem with this. Which settings in Call Manager forwards digits to the pstn? Is it "external phone number mask" on the phone?

Also, I know this call is going through my gateway, which setting on my dial-peer will forward 10 digits? I have tried no digit-strip and forward digits all, but these commands seem to kill my dial-peer. FYI this is a pots dialpeer. Any info would be great.

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Are you talking about calling or called number ? Calling number is definitely determined by Ext ph mask setting under each phone. This is the caller id that people will see in the pstn. Looks like your gateway is h323 based. So in your route patterns (say 9.[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx, your digit strip settings are set to none so that when you dial say 92142222001, the 9 is prefixed and sent to the gateway. The gateway receives the call and matches a local dial-peer say

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9[2-9]..[2-9]......

port 0/0/0

this dial-peer will definitely match the number you dialed (92142222001) and then to forward the 10 digits to the pstn (called number) you have to use command,

forward-digits 10. under the pots dial-peer.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus