Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding a secondary extension from a 7965

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a 7965 phone that has 3 extensions configured on 3 seperate buttons.

1. x12345 is on button 1 and is the primary extension for this phone

2. x12346 is on button 2

3. x12347 is on button 3 (this extension has an appearance on multiple different phones)

I know I can forward the number on button 1 easily enough from the phone by simply pressing uising the callforwardall key.

I know that I can use CCMUSER to select lines 2 or 3 and apply forwarding.

Is their a way for me forward either button 2 or 3 directly from the phone though?

When I select one of those extensions the CFWDALL button dims and tells me that button is not avail here.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With CM that cannot be done from phone (CME can).

You can search the forum for threads and links to some application that is needed for the (small) task/.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrew,

There is a third party product that will do what you want

IPPhone callForwarder

This  new version brings to the user the ability of defining and setting the  call forwards from the IP Phone. When selecting the IP Phone  callForwarder service, a menu with all available lines will appear.  After selecting the line the user wishes to set the forward on, a new  menu containing the forward definitions will show on screen. Only those  forwarding parameters definied by the Administrator will be displayed.  These parameters will show the actual forward destination. The user can  then set any of these callForwards.

From this good link;

http://www.myvoipsource.org/open-source-tools/ip-phone-callforwarder/

There is a feature/bug request open for this problem CSCdr03425  This bug is still outstanding

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Its amazing that this bug has been opened since CM version 2.x and has not be fixed. Way to go!!

Please rate useful posts.

George Thomas wrote:

Its amazing that this bug has been opened since CM version 2.x and has not be fixed. Way to go!!

Cisco does not recognize this as bug but as new features, and so far nobody has managed to convince them to incorporate it.

I dont believe convincing Cisco is going to make any difference, Jabber feature roadmap is a very good example.

George Thomas wrote:

I dont believe convincing Cisco is going to make any difference, Jabber feature roadmap is a very good example.

Absolutely, they deliver what they want, not what customers want.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey guys,

Check this thread from 2011

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3491770#3491770

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

LOL, its fascinating to watch threads like this.