Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Forwarding calls from Call handlers

Hi Folks,

I know the basics of building call handlers on Unity Connection 8. I now have to design a more complex call handler and I need some advice on forwarding calls after the greeting is played.

My problem is with forwarding calls back to a phone extension after a greeting is played from a call handler. Normally, I use the 'After Greeting' settings to achieve this by selecting the Call Handler option. This will forward the call to a new call handler after the greeting is played. The new call handler then has a transfer rule on the standard greeting which then forwards it to the extension number.

The problem with this approach is that I have to create 2 call handlers. One to play a greeting and then another to handle transferring the call back to an extension.

Is their a way that I can play a greeting and transfer it to an extension using just one call handler?

Thanks as always.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried to after greeting attempt transfer to user with mailbox.  Make sure go directly to greeting is not selected.

Let me know if that accomplishes what you are trying to do.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

You can point it either to another call handler or a mailbox, you cannot just type in an extension unfortunately.

HTH,

Chris

4 REPLIES

Have you tried to after greeting attempt transfer to user with mailbox.  Make sure go directly to greeting is not selected.

Let me know if that accomplishes what you are trying to do.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

You can point it either to another call handler or a mailbox, you cannot just type in an extension unfortunately.

HTH,

Chris

+ 5 Chris,

So I guess I need to refresh on the different between attempt transfer and directly to greeting of user with mailbox.  I have not done it in a whle but I thought attempt transfer would kick it back out to the CUCM extension.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Gregory,

I think your description nailed it as well +5

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content