Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding calls from hunt group into Voicemail

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have configured a top down hunt group on Call Manager 7 and I am trying to forward the call into the last person's voicemail if the hunt is unanswered. Does anyone have a procedure for this? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Derek

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A way to do this is to create a 2nd line on the last person's phone lets say 10001 and do a call forward all to voice mail on that extension.

In your hunt pilot settings, let the incoming call go to 10001 when no answer or all line group members busy, I know it is not exactly the same as you intend it, but i cant see it work in another way

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derek,

Just to add an alternative to the great tips from Dennis (+5"D")

The Forwarding would be set here;

Hunt Pilot Configuration

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - to Voicemail Pilot #

Forward Hunt Busy - to Voicemail Pilot #

Make the Hunt Pilot DN an Alternate Extension on the last Line Group Member's mailbox so the Red MWI Lamp would be lit on their phone.

Let's say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the last Line Group members phone is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA/CFB) to the Unity/Unity Connection Pilot # with the settings shown above.

Create a mailbox for 2355 with 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity/Unity Connection via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity/Unity Connection should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A way to do this is to create a 2nd line on the last person's phone lets say 10001 and do a call forward all to voice mail on that extension.

In your hunt pilot settings, let the incoming call go to 10001 when no answer or all line group members busy, I know it is not exactly the same as you intend it, but i cant see it work in another way

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derek,

Just to add an alternative to the great tips from Dennis (+5"D")

The Forwarding would be set here;

Hunt Pilot Configuration

Hunt Forward Settings

Make the Hunt Pilot DN an Alternate Extension on the last Line Group Member's mailbox so the Red MWI Lamp would be lit on their phone.

Let's say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the last Line Group members phone is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA/CFB) to the Unity/Unity Connection Pilot # with the settings shown above.

Create a mailbox for 2355 with 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity/Unity Connection via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity/Unity Connection should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello, We have the same problem but instead of wanting to go to someone's personal VM box we want it to go to a seperate VM box. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get it to work? Below are the things I have tried already. Just FYI we have CUCM 7.X and Unity 7.X

1. Created a seperate DN that has callforward all to voice mail and have the subscribers VM box be that DN. Then set that DN last in the line group. That did not work. When I tested it out instead of going to greeting it went to attempt sign in.

2. Added our VM pilot number to the Hunt Pilot forward no answer and forward busy and created a call routing rule to go to the subscribers greeting. That had the same effect as number 1.

3. Created our VM ports in a Line Group and added those to the Hunt List last and set the original Hunt List to Try next member, then, try next group in Hunt List for all 3 selections. And left the call routing rule in place. And still got the same effect as number 1.

Hi there,

You are on the right track with your second method

Hunt Pilot Configuration

Hunt Forward Settings

Make the Hunt Pilot DN an Alternate Extension on the desired mailbox.

Let's say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the mailbox you want to use is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA/CFB) to the Unity Pilot # with the settings shown above.

Create a mailbox for 2355 with 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you. It works now. Not really sure what problem I had in the first place. Because the Hunt Pilot DN was 1909 and subscriber extension was 1909 also.

Rob, Sorry to let you know but after further investigation this still isn't working. If we call the DN of the Hunt Pilot internally then it works fine. Routes to the correct mailbox. If we call from an outside line (even dialing the full number from our work phone) then it goes to the general unity message. (hello, cisco unity messaging system).

Any ideas why it works internally but not externally?

Hi "G",

I'm guessing that you still have the Routing Rule in place here. It

should not be necessary but if you do keep it there is a section in the

config for "Call Type" where you can treat Internal vs External calls

differently. I would check there first;

Call Management > Call Routing > Direct Calls and Forwarded Calls Pages 

Call Type

Click the appropriate Call Type, either Internal Calls or External Calls. To have the rule apply to all call types, click Both. Internal calls are from subscribers, and external calls are from unidentified callers.

When a call matches all settings for the rule, the call is routed as specified in Send Call To.

Cheers!

Rob

Is this in Unity or CallManager. When looking at the CUCM admin page and under Call Routing, I don't see an option for direct calls and external calls page.

Thank You Rob. I did verify that and it is set to Both call types for forwarded calls. I have a screen shot attached. Still not working. Do I have to set a rule for direct calls?

Hi "G",

In your previous post we were talking about Hunt Pilot 1909, but the Rule is for 1910.

Are we still working with 1909?

Cheers!

Rob

Sorry, Yes it is 1910 now. 1909 was a test that I used to see if it worked. When I realized it worked (internally) I switched it to the active DN it should be. I have attachments of all my configs.

Hi "G",

No worries my friend

A couple of things here;

Is 1910 the direct DID number that callers are dialing from External to reach Hunt Group 1910? Or

is there a CTI-RP at the front end?

The Routing Rule should not be necessary here, we have many of these setups with

no Routing Rules. I would remove them as a first step.

On the Hunt List page please uncheck the "for Voicemail usage" checkbox. This is not used

in this setup.

DN 3000 is the Unity Pilot DN?

Cheers!

Rob

The DID is a dedicated 888 number that is forwarding 7 digits. So 8462423 is a DN that forward all calls to 1910 (attached screenshot).

I deleted the routing rule and unchecked for Voicemail usage and tested again. Still no luck.

DN 3000 is the Unity Pilot DN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: