cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding phones to route point which goes to call handler

sticano
Level 1
Level 1

When we forward phones to a route point which is forwarded to a call handler in unity, the dialed number shows as the original number and the users voice mail comes on. How do I bypass that? Or make the dialed number look like the route-point number?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that is WAD, if you have unity 5.X or above you can change it, but it's global change

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

most simple solution is to create a copy of the hunt pilot you use for VM and assign it a different DN, then FW calls to that number and use routing rules to treat the call in unity

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

We are running version 4. Your suggestions almost got me fixed...the issue is that this operator phone needs to have the ability to forward to two different call handlers. One for after-hours(1140) and one for walked-away(1141). I set up routing rules in Unity, and tried use schedules to make this work, but that seems to fail. Any ideas to accomplish this?

schedules should do the trick, you can always use the same method of having 2 copies of the line group with VM ports and assign 1141 and 1140 to the hunt pilots and route them with routing rules in unity. that way they will work at any time

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi,

I have CCM 6.1 and Unity 4.0.2, I have a Hunt group for Company Phone Operators.

1)I need After hours greeting to be played when some one calls to the Operator Hunt Pilot No.

2)When anyone calls after hours Should be able to record to voice mail and all the operators(Hunt group members)should be able to access these voice mail from their phones.

During working hours calls should go directly to the Hunt Group.

Pls advice.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: