Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Free Utility for Remote Control of Phone

I Just wanted to let everyone know that we have released 3 utilities which can be used for FREE.

* Phone Remote

(allows you to take control of a phone, send keys and view the screen remotely)

* Background Deployment tool

(allows you to push a screen background to 7941/7961/7970/7971 phones)

* Ring Tone Deployment tool

(allows you to push a default ring tone to many phone models)

The utilities can be downloaded at www.voipintegration.com/software.

Thanks

22 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Free Utility for Remote Control of Phone

John,

Error occurred: 404 - not found

Apache Server at: d1002572.dotsterhost.com

We wait for these utilities, thanks !!!

John,

Tested this on 5.0 Callmanager and having trouble controlling the phone and also the background deployment tool. Does this work only with 4.x ? The website does show 5.0 as supported though.

All the utilities support CM 3.x, 4.x and 5.x

For the Phone Remote you need to ensure the user is associated with the phone and that the phone can reach the authentication URL specified on the phone or enterprise parameters. (be sure the Auth URL reference the CM by IP address and not by name)

Silver

Didnt work for me. Using CCM 4.1(3)..connection to the phone was fine but then when i click something (setting/Services...etc)..i get:

Phone Remote Error:

The underlying connection was closed: the connection was closed unexpectedly.

Remote worked fine for me.

Using CCM 4.1(3)

The screen refresh is a little slow but all the options seems to be available.

Nice tool.

Olivier

Zin, Phoneremote had an issue communicating with some firmware versions.

We have posted an updated version online at http://www.voipintegration.com/software.html

If you still have trouble please let us know.

Silver

That is very nice! I have it on an old machine running w2k, and am connected across a vpn, so it is slow, but it works! I may have grabbed mine just as you were posting the updated version - how can I tell which one I have?

Mary Beth

Bronze

So strange,

customer was asking me for this exact type of tool. saw one from "another company" but NOT FREE :)...very cool

thanks a mil

Silver

Thanks.

I can connect Now..and i get everything showed up on the Phone remote application. But i get sometimes another error:

- Phone Remote Error:

The remote Server returned an Error:(503) Server Unavailable.

- And i cant send (**#) which will be great if i want troubleshoot some IP-Phones issue (disabling DHCP, adding a new TFTP server...etc)

Maybe you can do some PAUSE (wait if * clicked) and then send them all to the Callmanager (**# or **#** for resetting).

Any way a great application. TWO THUMBS UP.

ZIN-ELABIDINE KARZAZI

Thanks Zin, the 503 means the phone is currently too busy and wont accept the request.

Thanks for the comments I will add them to the wish list for future updates.

Anyone have this working with CCM 5.1 ?

Using the background tool I can connecto to the publisher, select handset type, get a list of available images but when I try to select phones to receive the image I get an error dialogue "Http Send Exception - Unable to connect to the remote server"

Any ideas ?

I got the same error message, did you find a solution?

Thank you.

Bronze

i deployed some backgrounds forthe 7961 and 70 phones using this. it worked fine. configure background images and list file as normal in CCM and it worked.

im using ccm 5.1.2

I'm using 5.1(1b).

I think the error message is coming from a system environment problem where I execute the voipintegration application. (Maybe .net error).

Indeed when I capture IP traces (w/ wireshark) while I select a row in the device selection listbox, no traces appear. So the application doesn't try to connect to the server at all at this point.

I will try the BG deployment tool on another computer later.

Silver

I`ve used it but it comes back as invaild user credentials but I know the phone is assigned to me- is it the UserID and password in User managerment?

Silver

UserID and PIN of your IP-Phone not the password.

That's pretty slick. Works fine on CM 4.1. Screen refresh is a bit slow, but not bad for FREE! :)

Has anyone tried using this with CallManager 6.0? I have a deployment this would be useful on and I'm curious to know if it works.

Thanks

Does it work with Call Manager Express...???

Hi, John!

I have tried Background Deployment tool. Really useful thing -- I appreciate your great work

I have tested it with 4.1(single-computer installation) and it works fine. Then I have tried it with 6.0 (3 nodes) and I have met one issue: The tool does not work when TFTP server is disabled on the Publisher. The tool contacts the Publisher, gets phone types, and then tries to contact TFTP. The problem is, that the tool thinks, that TFTP is working on the same computer, as the tool talks with, and it tries to get all files from there. Please, make this tool cluster-friendly.

I have tried using your tool on CM 6.1 and it lets me log in and displays the available background images. However when I select a background image the application crashes with the following message, "TFTP Error - File not found Please verify the location of the List.xml file and try again."

Any help would be appreciated as I would really like to use your tool.

Views
Helpful
Replies