Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

French Locale for 8.5.1.12900-7

Team,

We have CUCM 8.5.1.12900-7 Unrestricted and recently we have added a site in AIX France in to our cluster located at Leeds. With reference to that we need to install User and Network French Locale in to our cluster. While checking in Cisco Product download section for 8.5.1, I do not see 8.5.1.12900-7 but I see only 8.5.1.2100-1. How to Install French Locale for 8.5.1.12900-7 in to our CUCM cluster. We are also running  UCCX 8.5.1.11003-32 in our cluster. Do I need to install French locale in to UCCX Server as well? Please share your thoughts.

Solomon.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM locale files do not need to be identical, Cisco only releases one version for each base which can be used for any minor releases in that train.  This is different on Unity Connection where the versions have to be identical. So, simply use the  8.5.1.11003-32 version. In fact I have the exact some deployment on one of my customers.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM locale files do not need to be identical, Cisco only releases one version for each base which can be used for any minor releases in that train.  This is different on Unity Connection where the versions have to be identical. So, simply use the  8.5.1.11003-32 version. In fact I have the exact some deployment on one of my customers.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you Chris. Infact cm-locale-fr_FR-8.5.1.2100-1.cop worked for our CUCM 8.5.1.12900-7. I am able to Install that locale in to our CUCM. So this locale will takes care of both User and Network French locales in my CUCM right???

Another question is, We also run Contact Center in our cluster. Currently we are running with 8.5.1.11003-32. Do I need to install locale even in UCCX as well for French Contact Center users.

Solomon.

In CCX you dont install the language locales, you turn specific ones on/off during install. The only thing the langugage changes is the ability to play system messages in different languages, if you have simple call flows and dont care about the system prompts you can simply upload your custom prompts in the French language.

Chris

Got it Chris, then what about agent and supervisor apps. We need them to be in France. Is there a way where we can have them in French.

Solomon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: