Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Call roaming Issues

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been having this issue for some time now to no avail. I have a pure IPT solution running in my office. I have two 4-port FXO cards on a 1760 router. I have IP Phones with directory numbers 1016, 1004, 1006, 1023 and 10001. I want IP Phone 1016 (operator) to make and receive calls on FXO ports 2/0, 2/1, 2/2, and 2,3 ONLY and not through any other ports.

I want IP Phone 1004 to make and receive calls on FXO port 3/1 ONLY and not through any other ports.

I want IP Phone 1006 to make and receive calls on FXO port 3/0 ONLY and not through any other ports.

I want IP Phone 1023 to make and receive calls on FXO port 3/2 ONLY and not through any other ports.

Also IP Phone 1001 should be able to make and receive calls through FXO port 3/2 ONLY.

With the attached config, calls meant for particular ports still raom through other FXO ports. Attached is the "sh run". I'll appreciate a permanent solution to this. Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are two techniques you can use, "steering digits" and COR.

The first is detailed at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

The COR tecnique is similar, in that an incoming voip DP is also configured with "answer-address", but instead than digits, COR rules and precedences are used to select the port to use.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using CME or CM ? Seems strange to me that you're using CM for so little phones and analog lines.

The solution changes a little depending on what you're using.

I am using a CCM4.1. I have about 45 IP Phones an 15 Communicators. The Phones I reffered to earlier are the ones that has to do with the PSTN lines. I still need solution to my problem seriuosly. Can anyone be of help?

There are two techniques you can use, "steering digits" and COR.

The first is detailed at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

The COR tecnique is similar, in that an incoming voip DP is also configured with "answer-address", but instead than digits, COR rules and precedences are used to select the port to use.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi Bevilacqua,

I was able to solve some of the issues I mentioned earlier on. The only stuborn issue is making one IP phone call through several FXO ports.

i.e. I have IP Phone with extension number 1016(operator's phone). I want IP Phone 1016 only to be able to make calls through any of FXO ports 2/0, 2/1, 2/2 & 2/3 only and not through any other FXO ports.

Attached is the current show running config on the router.

Will appreciate your help.

Hi, I don't quite understand where phone are all H.323 to the same address ? If so you can reduce the number of dialpeers, many are duplicate. Alos, put the voice port under trunk group, make two one a set of ports one for the other. This trunk group you reference in a single DP and reduce DP, furthermore you can introduce more than one trunk per DP with preference. doing this doen;t prevent you from referencing the individisual port for DPs if you want.

Also translation-rule have duplicate entries.

Once you have simplified the config with the changes above, then I can suggest you better how to send a single phone to use a certain trunk group, but I see that you're using steering digits so you should have understood that already.