Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

FXO configuration and dial peers

Basically I have an isdn 30 coming into a cme system and 4 additional analog lines coming in on FXO ports.

Incoming Calls

The numbers coming in on the analogs are all the same number and I have plar'd them to extension 1212, I have four ephone-dn's configured with number 1212 and they are configured with preferences and no huntstop. The idea being that calls coming in on any of the fxo ports will hunt from dn to dn, if the first is busy etc.

Outgoing Calls

All phones have to dial a 9 for an outside line, this takes them out the isdn 30 interface to the pstn, the 1212 numbers I want to go out the FXO ports but still using a 9. So I have created a translation profile which will translate the 9 to a 7, and created different pots dial peers with different preferences out different fxo ports.

I have applied the translation profile at the ephone-dn level is this correct or is there a better way to do this ?

If these extensions dial a 9 then the translation profile should change the 9 to a 7 and route the call out any of the available FXO ports which are not busy. ?

Could someone please verify if I am on the right track with this... ??

Thanks in advance

voice translation-profile SEND_CALLS_OUT_ANALOG_PORTS

translate called 1

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9/ /7/

voice-port 2/0/16

connection plar 1212

voice-port 2/0/17

connection plar 1212

voice-port 2/0/18

connection plar 1212

voice-port 2/0/19

connection plar 1212

dial-peer voice 20 pots \\ Use this FXO port if not busy

destination-pattern 7T

preference 0

2/0/16

dial-peer voice 21 pots \\ Use this FXO port if not busy

destination-pattern 7T

preference 1

2/0/17

dial-peer voice 22 pots \\ Use this FXO port if not busy

destination=pattern 7T

preference 2

2/0/18

dial-peer voice 23 pots \\ Use this FXO port if not busy

destination-pattern 7T

preference 3

2/0/19

dial-peer voice 1 pots \\ All other phones go out the isdn line

destination-pattern 9T

0/0/0:15

ephone-dn 10 dual-line

translation-profile outgoing SEND_CALLS_OUT_ANALOG_PORTS

number 1212

preference 0

huntstop channel

no huntstop

ephone-dn 11 dual-line

number 1212

preference 1

huntstop channel

no huntstop

ephone-dn 12 dual-line

number 1212

preference 2

huntstop channel

no huntstop

ephone-dn 13 dual-line

number 1212

preference 3

huntstop channel

ephone 1

button 1:10 2:11 3:12 4:13

ephone 2

ephone 3

ephone 4

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: FXO configuration and dial peers

Hi,

Yes I think you're on the right track. You can configure trunk-group for the 4 fxo lines (and be able to define huntscheme and preferences among them), AND be able to add a less preferenced trunk group in the same DP! (for is you have to promote trunk-gourp the PRI too)

the configuration get smaller and much more readable. Then you have ephone-dn templates that you may like or not to use.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks paolo,

I tried this but it didnt work, all phones kept going out the pots 9T peer, as a workaround I am having to get users to dial a 7 so it goes out one the analog ports.

I am also having problems with dialling out these fxo ports at the moment, when a user dials a 7 and goes out one of the fxo ports, there is complete silence on the users phone for a considerable amount of time, no noise nothing, before the called number begins to ring, it must be at least 10 seconds or longer before the call begins to ring.

I have tried configuring all aspects of timeouts under the fxo ports with the same results.

Heres a snapshot of the relevant bits.

!

!

voice-port 2/0/16

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

cptone GB

timeouts interdigit 3

timeouts call-disconnect 5

timeouts wait-release 5

timing hookflash-out 50

connection plar opx 1212

impedance complex2

caller-id enable

!

!

dial-peer voice 51 pots

destination-pattern 7T

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

port 2/0/16

!

!

Any ideas paolo ?

Regards

Mark

In addition to the above the timeout interdigit is set to 3 under telephony services.

Anybody have any ides why it takes so long to dial out when dialling out from an ip phone going out an fxo port ?

Appreciate your comments

Thanks in advance

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi, both things are quite strange. The translation appears to be configured correctly. One should take some debug here to see what's happening.

For the post-dial delay issues, please try entering the number on the phone being on-hook with an # as terminator. Does the call takes less time to complete ?

Another thing that can help, if the UK uses fixed-lenght dialplan (I don't remember now, I had looked on wikipedia and seen that there have been a lot of changes) you can configure some DPs without the T and that will speedup the call for sure.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content