Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXO Issue - Two Rings, 15 Seconds of Silence, then Rings in to Phone

Just upgraded a router to a 2911 with FXO ports.  I have one Telco line for SRST and 911.  When dialing inbound, I hear two rings, silence, then rings, and the IP phone will ring and get answered (Plar is set to the extension of the Cisco phone).      

When I do a show voice port for that FXO port, the first two rings show "ring-det" under "In Status", "Out Status" shows off-hook.  During the silence and ringing the Cisco deskphone, the "In Status" shows idle.

I have tested with battery-reversal and answer supervisor, but I still am receiving the two rings, 15 seconds of silence, then the calls rings the Cisco deskphone.

Does anyone have an answer on how to fix this issue?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Melinda

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FXO Issue - Two Rings, 15 Seconds of Silence, then Rings in to P

You mentioned SRST, so I assume this gateway is connected to CUCM for primary call control. How is the the gateway configured with CUCM - H.323, MGCP or SIP? If it's H.323 or SIP is there a dial-peer that might be timing out before it reaches an accessible CUCM?

3 REPLIES

You mentioned SRST, so I assume this gateway is connected to CUCM for primary call control. How is the the gateway configured with CUCM - H.323, MGCP or SIP? If it's H.323 or SIP is there a dial-peer that might be timing out before it reaches an accessible CUCM?

Re: FXO Issue - Two Rings, 15 Seconds of Silence, then Rings in

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes this gateway is connected to CUCM via a point to point T1.  It is H.323.  I feel like I have configured it correctly, but hey, something is not working.

I did find one thing configured from before - "num-exp 4...  99725484...", I removed that and at least it is not going out the PSTN and back in on the CUCM PRI's.

So here is some configuration:

voice-port 0/3/0

timing hookflash-out 50

connection plar 4196

station-id name MyersPark

station-id number 9725422265

caller-id enable type 1

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

preference 1

destinatin-pattern ....

progress_ind setup enable 3

session target ipv4:CUCM IP address

voice-class codec 99

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

Please let me know what you think.

Found the problem:

On dial-peer voice 1000 voip

destination-pattern .... , changed to 4...

Picky router!

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content