Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Line Hunting solution

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

My voice gateway is equipped with 8 FXO port hence 8 analogue lines. All numbers are being used for incoming and outgoing. For outgoing, one trunk group is fine to switch the line.

Now, if one user has established call outside on port 1. Simultaneously, outside caller calls that number and it gets busy tone resulting he has to wait. Any idea, that for incoming calls, if first port is busy then it can switch to other free line

3 Replies 3

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

You can check the below , please.This is a trunk group which will make all ports as one trunk.

voice-port 1/0/0

trunk-group VoiceGroup

voice-port 1/0/1

trunk-group VoiceGroup

voice-port 1/0/2

trunk-group VoiceGroup

voice-port 1/0/3

trunk-group VoiceGroup

dial-peer voice 100 pots

trunkgroup VoiceGroup

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_r/vrg_t1_ps1839_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1491022

Note: I think you have to check also with your ITSP , if this can be procced. ITSP should be able to do something like inorder calls based on the available ports. I think you can manage outgoing calls , but for incoming you have to check with ITSP.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

omerpal1190 wrote:

Hi,

My voice gateway is equipped with 8 FXO port hence 8 analogue lines. All numbers are being used for incoming and outgoing. For outgoing, one trunk group is fine to switch the line.

Now, if one user has established call outside on port 1. Simultaneously, outside caller calls that number and it gets busy tone resulting he has to wait. Any idea, that for incoming calls, if first port is busy then it can switch to other free line

Nothing you can do on the router, you must request the hunting configuration to your Carrier. 

I would also suggest you to configure your outside dialing to use the inverse order the incoming call has to avoid this issue.

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

That's right. Usually you want your carrier to hunt in inverse order from your outgoing calls. When you have a PRI you can change the order.

Now I'm curious, if your TELCO is sending you calls on the first ports (assumming they are using top down) couldn't you configure your outgoing trunk group, to do bottom up?

This way your TELCO would send top down, and you would do bottom up.

If this fail I would agree you might need to engage the TELCO on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: