cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO not disconnecting

scott.weismann
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an easy question but I'm drawing a blank. I've got a cisco 1861 on IOS 12.4(20) and I'm setting up the FXO ports now. The system works except one issue - when a caller calls inbound to the system but hangs up before someone answers, the 7961 phone still rings. I'm sure it's a problem with the configuration of the voice port but need a little direction. Here is the setup of the port:

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar 1001

caller-id enable

Any help is appreciated.

4 Replies 4

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

This is a common problem with FXO modules, the FXO module will appear to the local switch as a normal phone, and therefore the switch will never disconnect as the phone is expected to hangup.

The FXO port on the other hand expects the switch to tell it when to hang-up or remove the battery to indicate on-hook.

There is no guarantee that a near-end or far-end FXO port disconnects the call once either end of the call hangs-up.

To overcome these disconnect issues you will need to consider configuring supervisor disconnect on your voice-ports, the are different supervisor disconnect methods.

Please review the following document URL:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

HTH

Allan.

I changed the port configuration to the following:

voice-port 0/1/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

connection plar 1001

caller-id enable

However, there is still about a 5 second delay from the time the caller hangs up and the time tha the phone stops ringing. This can be very confusing for the people trying to answer the phone. Any suggestions for that?

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Scott, have your tried configuring the appropriate cptone under the voice-port?

Also configure 'connection plar opx 1001', this ensure that line will not be answered unless the destination IP phone DN is answered off-hook.

HTH

Allan.

Yes, I used 'cptone us'.

I've changed the configuration of the connection plar to what you described. There is still a few second delay between the time that the caller hangs up and the time that the phone realizes there is no longer a call coming in. This can lead to confusion when someone picks up the phone and there is nobody there. This can't be normal? Is there any way to get around this? The voice-port config now reads:

voice-port 0/1/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

connection plar opx 1001

caller-id enable