Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Outbound Call Failure

Ruslan Amrahov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have H323 gateway with FXO card, When I am making a call from CCM to PSTN through certain port number, call gets out but I hear call cancelation beeps.  When I connect analog phone to this line I can make the calls successfully.

what could be a problem?

17 Replies 17

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure this is an FXO port and not FXS?  Not sure how analog phone would work when connected to FXO port.

Chris

moataz_mamdouh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I saw from your debug the outgoing dial-peer is 110 and the inbound is 1001

from the ccapi the called number is 110493 , are you sure this is a PSTN number ?

can you paste the configuration and of both dial peers and make sure of the dialed numbers

Moataz Tolba

Sorry guys, I guess I was not clear enough. The scenario is as follows: I have 2901 gateway with FXO ports and CCM with IPPhones using it as H323 gateway. There is another analog PBX which I connect my voice gateway via FXO to. The remote PBX has internal dial-plan with numbers 49X. I am using 110493 as a destination pattern to designate the sertain FXO port for the sertain IPPhone. So, when the caller with extension 110 calls 9.493 with predot dropping, CCM sends 493 with 110 added as prefix. After, due to 110 being a pots dial-peer, it stripts the digits and sends only wildcard, which is 493. The call goes through successfully but drops after 2-3 ringouts and I hear only beep-beep-beeeeeeep, beep-beep-beeeeeeep, something like that . But, when I connect the usual analog phones to the lines which comes from that remote PBX and dial the same 493 number, the call succeeds. I hope I was a little bit clear now

Thanks for clarification

have you tried playing with those relalated to supervisory disconnect and timers , the battery reversal and all these stuff

Moataz

Thank you for your answer, Moataz

Could you be more specific? I tried to turn battery reversal on and off, played a little with timers, no help.

it seems also you are having a problem in caller ID

can you try this

caller-id alerting dsp-pre-alloc

Moataz,

CallerID is not critical for this case, but anyway i have only caller-id alerting ring option. The main problem is that calls do not get through at all. It's the first time I get the problem such this. Did you get which tones I am getting? they are high, can not find them on the web

Hi,

Can you post your H323 router config

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

try to change the cptone

CPTone is the bad-bad thing, the reason why callerid is not working. TELKO workers do not know cptone used. I found that RU is used, but not on all ports. You think cptote could be resolution to callerid or calling out issue?

Alex,

see the config in attachment. Here, 0/1/1 is mainly used to test. Now it's running via MGCP, but i was testing it using H323, same thing.

Hi,

Here are the H323 dial peers from your config.
I do not see any peer that would match 110... to
all say 493 to be sent to a FXO port

!
dial-peer voice 1001 voip
preference 1
destination-pattern ...
session target ipv4:10.10.1.11
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 1002 voip
preference 2
destination-pattern ...
session target ipv4:10.10.1.12
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 131 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/1/1
!
dial-peer voice 116 pots
destination-pattern 116...
port 0/1/2
!
dial-peer voice 130 pots
destination-pattern 130...
port 0/1/0
!
dial-peer voice 491 pots
destination-pattern 491...
port 0/1/3
!
dial-peer voice 58 pots
destination-pattern 58T
port 0/2/3

So 110 will be matchinf your VOIP dial peer
1001 or 1002 and trying to send the call back to the CUCM

You need to create a dial peer like this

!
dial-peer voice 110 pots
desc *** TO OTHER PBX **
destination-pattern 110...
port a/b/c (The correct FXO)
!

HTH
Alex

Sorry, I was trying to use this port as MGCP endpoint. It was just the same as you typed but the result was the same.

Hi,

If you are using the MGCP you will need to strip the 110 before the call

is sent to the gateway port.

In your post you say the user dials

So just create a route pattern to match this 9.493 string.

Drop the preDOT (9) in the CALLED PARTY TRANSFORMATION on the route pattern

This will send the 493 to the MGCP FXO port

Regards

Alex

Alex, than you, but the issue is not in call routing and digit manipulation. I do it as you wrote and call successfully goes through the port, but after 3 rings it says bee-bee-beeeeo I connected FixedGSM device right now to this port and successfully called to my mobile number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: