cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO port and paging system

cgartmann
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to connect a paging system to Cisco Call Manager 6.1. I have a router 2811 with FXS and FXO ports. The manufacturer of the paging system told me that his system acts like a telephone system, so it should be connected to FXO. The available settings on the paging system are:

- C-wire is stand-by current <-> operating current

- connection is subscriber <-> cross-connection, exchange line

- loop current is provided internally <-> externally

The above is translated from German, thus I am not quite sure about the technical terms. The question is which settings should I choose? Next, what is appropriate for the FXO? Currently I have:

signal ground-start

cptone DE

impedance complex 2

timing hookflash-out 50

I have configured a route-group, a route-list and a route pattern. When I dial the number the LED at the FXO interface is lit shortly and I get a busy-signal.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Christoph,

I think a good first step would be to choose;

signal Loop-start

I can't see the Paging system using Ground Start.

Hope this helps!

Rob

steelcity39
Level 1
Level 1

here is what we have on our 2811 to work with valcom paging-- FXO port .. maybe it will help:

voice-port 0/3/1

supervisory disconnect dualtone pre-connect

supervisory answer dualtone sensitivity high

no battery-reversal

timing hookflash-out 50

timing sup-disconnect 1500

connection plar opx 5555

caller-id enable

It turned out to be a simple POTS, thus no FXO port but a FXS port was required (in contrary to what the manufacturer said). If found it when I started to measure voltage...

The "no battery reversal" was necessary, though.

Regards,

Christoph Gartmann

Hi,

What is the config for the FXS port connect to Paging system?

Minh

dangquangminh@vnpro.org CCIE#11897 6016 Tillsdows Dr, Mississauga,ON Canada L5N4M3
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: