Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO ports stuck in off-hook state!

asbesi001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a situation where fxo ports stuck in off-hook state. I have to do a shut /no shut in order for fxo ports to come back to normal. The same situation occurs after 24h up to 48h. We have CME 7.1 on Cisco 2811 Router and below is the fxo port configuration:

voice-port 0/0/1

trunk-group FXO_GROUP 10

translation-profile incoming PREFIX_0

supervisory disconnect anytone

timeouts initial 0

timeouts interdigit 0

connection plar opx 8100

caller-id enable

voice-port 0/0/2

trunk-group FXO_GROUP 6

timeouts initial 0

timeouts interdigit 0

timeouts call-disconnect 3

timeouts wait-release 3

connection plar opx 8100

caller-id enable

voice-port 0/0/3

trunk-group FXO_GROUP 8

timeouts initial 0

timeouts interdigit 0

connection plar opx 8100

caller-id enable

I have put timeouts call-disconnect 3 and timeouts wait-release 3 under port 0/2, just to see if that can fix the issue, but no success.

Any idea how can we fix this issue?

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal when you use AA or similar, search documention or forum for "disconnect supervision". There are many threads about.

Note, you should also update you IOS that is very old.

How do you mean 'this is normal', this situation did not happen before, even with this version of CME.

Do you have any suggestion that can help solve the problem?

Thank you.

Again, you van use the search function for the many similar threads.

Yes, I already did that before asking for help on the forum.

thanks anyway

Looks to me you may have searched, but not understood the root of the problem. Unless you are the US or other country that removes power to indicated remote disconnect, you need to configure the exact tones disconnect tones for your country. Anytone will not work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Or find what has been changed when the problems started occurring , eg, AA, call transfer FXO-to-FXO, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: