cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Ringdown

tconnorbok
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to replace an existing PBX with VoIP but to do this I need to find a way to convert several ringdown phones. Currently, they have 7 ringdown lines that go to different companies and these lines are provided to them on a analog line from the PSTN carrier. I was thinking I could move those lines to a FXO port, but I am not sure how to go from there if the gateway is going to be a MGCP gateway. If they press the ringdown line assigned on there phone today it automatically rings the far end and several users have those lines configured on their phones. They would like a similar setup for the VoIP system. We are currently running 8.0.3.21003-1 on our cucm and the router they have is a 3745 running 12.4.15T7 with a vic2-2fxo port.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do that no problem. Ask telco if these lines are "wet" with current loop. If they are, you can use FXO cards. Otherwise, you will ahve proably to use E&M. The controlling protocol is secondary.

Yes, the line is setup for loop start with dial pulse since the line is not dialing anything. So the FXO port should work but how do I get a line on the phone associated with this FXO port.

With CM, you can do what you want, auto ringdown, etc. it's just a normal DN/CSS/partition configuration.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: