Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FXO Solution

Hello everybody,

I need some help to select a backup solution for PRIs failure in the following environment. We are working with CUCM6 cluster and 2 PRIs, installed in 2 2821 voice gateway each one. I've been told to manage a backup solution through 6 to 10 analog lines which will be assigned to specific departments in case of failure and need to know,

- which is the best choice in terms of interface modules? I've seen VIC2-4FXO and Cisco High Density Module EM-HDA-6FXO but I dont know if some of them is out of sale/life or whether there is an advantage in using one or another or, even if there is another suitable module.

- how to implement the assignment of lines in case of failure to specific IP Phones. I suppose it will be done through AAR and CoS but any documentation with a similar scenario will be helpful.

Thank you in advanced and have a nice day.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: FXO Solution

You will use VIC2-4FXO for this. There is no other practical chocie.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You will use VIC2-4FXO for this. There is no other practical chocie.

Cisco Employee

You could also use an FXS/DID port, and get DIDs from the provider.  That way you can get digit delivery and route your calls to different destinations.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

But FXS/DID only does incoming calls to the router, so FXOs will be required for outgoing anyway.

Views
Helpful
Replies