cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO to PBX termination

Trying tobeone
Level 1
Level 1

I have to connect a PBX to Cisco 1861 with CCME. The PBX is a local made and is not having any ports(FXO,FXS,BRI,E1,T1) , instead they have already done the wiring in the entire campus and has terminated it to wall jack. Now i want to know whether its possible to connect a wire from wall jack to Router anc configure with the supported signalling, such that IP Phones connected to the router are able to make calls to other extensions connected to the PBX.

Please help ....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you plug a regular analog phone (any cheap one will do) into the wall jack and you get dial-tone they are using loopstart signaling, which is the default for an FXO port. Just think of it this way; if you were meant to plug an analog phone into the wall jack, substituting the analog phone for a FXO port on a Cisco gateway is no different from the PBX's perspective.

-Anthony

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

If you connect a regular analog phone to the wall jack, do you get dial tone? If so, you can connect an analog cable from wall jack to a FXO port on the 1861 and it should work.

Thanks,

Anthony

Thank you very much Anthony for the valuable information...

But i do have 1 more doubt, for making it work, the signal to be used should be confirmed with the PBX engineer, and have to configure the same in Router also.

If you plug a regular analog phone (any cheap one will do) into the wall jack and you get dial-tone they are using loopstart signaling, which is the default for an FXO port. Just think of it this way; if you were meant to plug an analog phone into the wall jack, substituting the analog phone for a FXO port on a Cisco gateway is no different from the PBX's perspective.

-Anthony