Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO vic problem

Nanda.Monteiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there!

I'm testing a cme and everything works fine. FXS works great and i can do all internal calls without any problem. Now i have this issue: i got a external line  with no function besides gives me a dial-tone (when i plug this line into a analogic phone i can hear the dial-tone). I dont know if its a simple pbx line or a sdh line, but the fact is, this dial line doesnt make any call, its just a dial tone line to test the fxo vic. So, what i have to do is press 0 (or any other number) on the ip phones and analogic phones to get a dial tone from the fxo vic like i was making an pstn call. I'm reading for 2 days and made all the changes it would supose to work and nothing works. My phones can't get any dial-tone from the fxo vic. It's a very basic configuration just to test if its everything ok with the equipment and this is my last test and i dont understand why its not working.

Thats what i have:

C2911-CME-SRST/K9 with VIC2-4FXO Four-port Voice Interface Card - FXO (Universal)

WS-C2960-24PC-L

IOS 15.0(1r)M12

CME 8.6

Any ideas how to make it work? I tryed the prefix but didnt help at all. I really dont know if its my configuration problem or if it is this dial-test-line i supose to plug in and test. For my fxo configuration i did:

voice-port 0/1/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

cptone BR

timeouts interdigit 2

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts wait-release 1

connection plar 1004

caller-id enable

And aplyed this dial-peer on the voice-port:

dial-peer voice 6 pots

destination-pattern ........

port 0/1/0

forward-digits 8

Thanks and sorry about my english, not my main language... =)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

destination-pattern 9

default forward-digits

then dial 9 to seize line.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you plug a phone in that line that you don't know what it is, can you make calls ?

Because if you don't, there is no point in using it with the router either,

No, i can't make any calls from this line, its just a test line. It has signal tho. All i needed to do is press 0 or any other number and get a dial-tone from this test line from analogic and ip phones i have set. I can't make it work.

destination-pattern 9

default forward-digits

then dial 9 to seize line.

Thanks! I will try this as soon as i go to work and i will post the results in here!

Thanks a lot Paolo, it worked!