cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS Australia - Faster Ringtone - Slow it Down?

NicP270591
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am experimenting with adding analog phones to my CME via a VIC2-2FXS. I have noticed that when I make a call between the analog extensions and an IP phone, the ringtones are double the speed on the IP phones, compared to calling IP phone to IP phone. Similarily, when I call from an IP phone to the analog port, the analog phones go crazy with a super fast ringtone which makes a rediculous amount of noise, compared to if they were plugged into the PSTN jack on the wall.

I am assuming this is because the tones in CME are the standard US tones, meaning one long ring and a pause, one long ring and a pause. Over here in Australia, its two short rings and a pause. I would prefer to keep the longer US tone across the system. How would I go about changing the config on the FXS port to match up with the IP Phones and slow it down, is it ring voltage, or cadence, or something else? Similarily, would I have to change anything on my VIC2-2FXO to match, so when I connect the PSTN line, I don't get call control issues such as hanging etc? Config is below.

FXS

voice-port 0/1/0

compand-type a-law

cptone AU

station-id name Analog Phones

station-id number 201

FXO

voice-port 0/0/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

compand-type a-law

cptone AU

timeouts call-disconnect 3

timeouts wait-release 3

connection plar 601

impedance complex1

caller-id enable

Dial Peer for FXS

dial-peer voice 201 pots

destination-pattern 201

port 0/1/0

Much appreciated,

Nic.

1 Reply 1

Try to adjust the ring parameters:

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. voice-port slot/port

4. ring frequency {25 | 50}  or ring frequency {20 | 30}

(FXS only) Selects the ring frequency, in hertz,  used on the FXS interface. This number must match the connected  telephony equipment and may be country-dependent. If the ring frequency  is not set properly, the attached telephony device may not ring or it  may buzz.

5. ring cadence {[pattern01 | pattern02 | pattern03 | pattern04 | pattern05 | pattern06 | pattern07 | pattern08 | pattern09 | pattern10 | pattern11 | pattern12] | [define pulse interval]}

(FXS only) Specifies an existing pattern for ring, or defines a new one.  Each pattern specifies a ring-pulse time and a ring-interval time.

The default is the pattern specified by the cptone locale that has been configured

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: