cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

G.729b

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

Where do you go to disable G.729b in CCM 4.1.3?

9 Replies 9

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Well, the device pool for your phone(s) should have a "region" assigned to it. The region will allow you to choose which codec is being used for those phones. You wouldn't be "disabling" the codec, likely you will changing it to something else. Not sure if this answers your question.

-Shikamaru

I thought there was a place to disable the use of G.729b in CallManager someplace. Not the region setting.

Yes, but, I guess my larger question is which codec are you using instead? G.711? What was G.729b being used for?

-Shikamaru

yes in service parameters under Clusterwide Parameters (Service) u will find (Strip G.729 Annex B (Silence Suppression) from Capabilities) parameter This parameter determines whether the system will advertise or negotiate Annex B for G.729 codecs. Valid values specify True or False. If the parameter is set to True, the system will not advertise or negotiate Annex B for G.729 codecs, unless that is the only matching codec (G.729b or G.729ab).

note that this parameter must be set to the same value on every node in the clustr.

hth

/majdi

Okay, I must be dumb... I can't find this. What service under Service Parameters is it under?

no, excuse me i forgot to mention that it is under Cisco Callmanager service :)

/majdi

Is this not in CCM 4.2?

Thanks

Hi Chris

1: Choose Service > Service Parameters on the Cisco CallManager.

2: Choose the server, and then choose Cisco Call Manager.

3: Under Clusterwide Parameters (Device-General), set Strip G.729 Annex B (Silence Suppression) from Capabilities to False or true.

it should be ok now :)

This is what I have done, it isn't there...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: