cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

gatekeeper call routing

seaman0555
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a new customer that had much of the install by another vendor, they have 2 gatekeepers, and a handleful of h323 gateways.  It looks like all the dial peers are in the gateways not the gatekeeper, which from what I understand is backwards???  Also, we route calls from CUCM to ICM and CVP applications, I see in CUCM the route pattern pointing to the gatekeeper trunk, but do not understand how the gatekeeper know what to do with the calls.  Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd recommend you to read this:

Understanding Cisco IOS Gatekeeper Call Routing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a8928.shtml

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the link, here is the only config in our gatekeeper

gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
no shutdown
endpoint max-calls h323id x.x.x.x

Would this route any calls to this IP?  I don't see where we are telling the numbers in CUCM to have a prefix of 1

Hello Seaman0555,

>> I don't see where we are telling the numbers in CUCM to have a prefix of  1

the CUCM will register to the gatekeeper as a gateway (terminal type gateway)

the line gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology  on GK

means that for all gateways registering without providing prefixes 1#* is assumed as the prefix

the H.323 trunk is a communication channel between CUCM servers and the gatekeeper where H.225 RAS messages are exchanged in order to perfom endpoint resolution. RAS = resolution Admission Status

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: