cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper Endpoints and Call Routing

globecomm-tle
Level 1
Level 1

If a GK have a bunch of end h323 terminals registered to it and you don't want the call to directly call each other for the purpose rating/accounting purpose that the call needs to signal a billing platform, how can I force GK when Site1 dial Site 2 that the call needs to signal the billing platform?  The only way we can think of is to prefix some digits when the user dial so the GK default technology path for unresolvable call is to the IPIPGWY and then we can strip it off at that point

Site 1

285XXXX

Site 2

285XXXX

Billing Platform/LCR GWY/ETC

|

IPIPGWY

|

GK

/    \

/       \

Site1    Site2

Our GK is configured with a simple 1 zone.  Would defining a zone of 285XXXX to point to IPIPGWY solve our problem?  I'm assuming GK would not route the call to a different zone if it see the endpoints registered to it already.

1 Reply 1

techguy73
Level 1
Level 1

I believe so too, if the extensions are registered with the Gatekeeper, it will send the call. You can go ahead with the zone prefix route, in which case you won't need to have the extensions registered with GK.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: