Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver

Gatekeeper question

Design

I have a question concerning GK & H323 GW

I need to implement a Gatekeeper

Do I need to create a route pattern on CCM to the GK to route calls to it or do they still go via the GW`s and then GK?

Options

I create a GK trunk and then create a Route pattern with either an exact route I wish to go to the GK or a more blanket route such as 4xxx, 7xxx ie any call starting with 4or 7 is to go the GK. Next I create a H323 gateway GW1 in CCM- as I`m using a GK is it correct I do not create any route patterns pointing to my H332 GW only the GK ?

Call flow

CUCM>>> GWH323>>>>CUCM

If I wish to put a GK in the network do the calls still go to GWH323 first via route pattern and then via SESSION TARGET RAS on the Dial Peer it is sent to the GK ? or do you/ can you create specific route patterns to use the GK only ? and other route patterns to use the GW`s , are calls sent from CUCM directly to the GK

A call to 4123 is matched against the route pattern 4xxx and is "sent" to the GK which instructs the call to use GW1 or do all calls go to the GW and then if the gw is configured to use a GK it "sends " the call there?

Also at what point do you add a Directory GK?, is there a design cut off?

Hope it is clear

thanks

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Gatekeeper question

any help?

Green

Re: Gatekeeper question

Do I need to create a route pattern on CCM to the GK to route calls to it or do they still go via the GW`s and then GK?

You need an h225\ICT Trunk GK controlled as GW\RL option for RP and yes you need to use a RP (route Pattern) to route calls...

CUCM>>> GWH323>>>>CUCM

You can even not use the GK

and use a simple ICT (interlcuster) trunk to the other server

check this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42cac.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content