Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper Recommendation

ksantillan06
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there.

We currently have a project for 21 sites running CME and a central site also running CME. I have read that it is ideal to have a gatekeeper if you already have many remote branches. Can you suggest an appropriate router model for the gatekeeper?

Here is the current BOM for each of the 21 remote sites.

GK 1.JPG

This is the BOM for the central Site.

GK 2.JPG

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In your case I am strating to think since you need to spend money on getting 20 analog ports why not just get the VG-224 FXS gateway from cisco.

Then you can deploy all other modules on your other routers.( WIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 and one HWIC-2T which will occupy the EHWIC slots of the 3925)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/vg224/hardware/installation/guide/higovw.html

Best Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

well either a 3925 or 3945 I would recommend with enough DSPs for transcoding.

Best Regards

Hi Hermanus.

Thanks for responding to my posts. As seen in my previous post, I need three (3) EM3-HDA-8FXS/DID to come up with at least 20 analog trunk ports. However, I also need to include one VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 and one HWIC-2T which will occupy the EHWIC slots of the 3925. Is it ideal to put the three (3) EM3-HDA-8FXS/DID in the GATEKEEPER instead?

Can you suggest any options?

Regards

In your case I am strating to think since you need to spend money on getting 20 analog ports why not just get the VG-224 FXS gateway from cisco.

Then you can deploy all other modules on your other routers.( WIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 and one HWIC-2T which will occupy the EHWIC slots of the 3925)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/vg224/hardware/installation/guide/higovw.html

Best Regards

Thanks Hermanus.

I will try reading the design guides to know how all of these works.

Regards,

you are most welcome and I hope you get sorted soon and all up and running.

Best Regards