Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway Migration from H.323 to SIP

madhusudhanam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Currently all my Cisco Gateways registered with CUCM using H.323 protocol, for now i would like to migrate all these gateways registered protocol to SIP, simply i would like to Migrate all my H.323 gateways to SIP.

Can anyone have any best procedure to do this Migration, as well share the related documents if you have any.

Thanks in Advance for your Help.

Regards,

Madhu

2 Replies 2

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I don't really understand what you mean by migrate, you are not going to upgrade, or run a script that will do that automatically.

On the CUCM side you have H323 gateways, and now you configure SIP trunks, and you will see that a lot of fields/parameters are the same as for a H323 gateway.

On the H323 gateway, you can keep everything the same, just your voip dial-peer need the command: "session protocol sipv2"

After that start checking if everything works fine.

Jan

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Madhu,

There are a few things you need to consider..

1. You need to create sip trunks on cuc and point the trunks to the ip address of your gateway. If you have multiple IP address on the gateway, you need to carefully consider which ip address you will bind your sip signalling to.

2. You need to ensure that the cucm group in the device pool you assign to your sip trunk is the same as youconfigure for your dial-peers or you use the feature "run on all active cucm" on your sip trunk and RL.

3. Configure inbound dial-peer from cucm to the gateway and ensure it is enabled for sip (by using sip protocol sipv2 command)

4. Configure outbound dial-peer to cucm and ensure it is sip enabled.

5. configure rtp-nte on both your inbound and outbound dial-peers fir dtmf

6. ensure your sip trunk is set to use "no preference for DTMF

To understand more on sip signalling please refer to this document

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/154506

Please rate all useful posts