cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway question

prondo042
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM 8.5.1 and are using 2911 gateways at two of our locations. We are noticing channels getting "hung" for days at time, only when users are on VPN using their IP communicators. What could be causing this issue? Any help would be greatly apprciated.

7 Replies 7

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

You would need to clarify this a bit more.

Are you seeing your PRI channels stuck?

Does this happen with local users as well?

Do the channels become stuck immediately after making a call, using CIPC or is it at random?

What is your current network topology?

Have you performed any VPN realtime traces, to verify if the VPN is causing the connection to the PRIs to remain up, even after the CIPC has ended the call?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yosh,

To clarify as best as I can:

-Yes, the PRI channels get stuck

-It does not happen with local users, only when users are VPN and using CIPC

-Users finish their call, and channels get stuck, it seems like it is hung up on the VPN side

-I have a Pub and sub-pub in one location with 2 gateways and 1 sub-bub and 2 gateways in another

-I have not performed traces, I cannot find which users cause the channels to be hung up

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter,

Just have a look into this POST.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2159102

regds,

aman

Thanks for the POST, but my issue seems to be different. My gateways traffic and RTMT seem to be synced up correctly. It just seems a get PRI channels stuck when users are VPN using IP communicator. I just think something isn't set up right between the voice gateway and the VPN.It does not release the channels.

Do you have any special restrictions on your VPN\Firewall for the CIPC users? If so, just to test, try the following.

Step 1 - VPN into your network and sign into CIPC and verify if you can re-create the issue. If you can, go to step 2.

Step 2 - Create either a non-restricitve or less restrictive VPN profile for yourself. VPN back into your network and verify if the issue is still there.

If you don't have access or permissions to alter the VPN setup, then try to get some real-time traces from the VPN and debugs from the GW.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thanks Yosh, I will try and get back with the results.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You did not even mentione  which protoclo are you using to the gateway, as well all the other necessary information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: