cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway Registration - CCM-Manager shows down

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue that I have not seen before. I have the E1 PRI interface showing registered, but when I do a show ccm-manager, all my call managers are showing down.

I have confirmed that I have all the correct bind statements as well as making sure the hostname is identical to that in Call Manager.

Any advice?

9 Replies 9

Hi,

Is your E1 permit outside calls as it is registered ?

Do you have the " ccm config " command ?

awaiting your feed back

Best Regards

There are multiple different layers to check this at:

1) 'show ccm' shows down apparently

2) 'show isdn status' - is this multiple frame established

3) In CUCM does it show registered on the endpoint?

4) Does CUCM try to place calls through it when you dial?

5) If you debug 'debug mgcp packet', what does this look like?

It's possible you can try a 'no mgcp' 'mgcp' to see if this changes your results.

-nick

IS it H323 or MGCP GW?

Do a loopback diag on the Controller e1 to simulate the PRI and bring up the GW. Do DEBUG MGCP PACKETS and then no MGCP , MGCP to test the registration to CCM. If you see 200 `s then fien if sat 500 then recheck name

Nick,

1) Correct

2) NO layer one is still down (I don't think they connected the E1 line, but I didn't think this prevented the ccm registration? If I am wrong, then I apologize for this thread!)

3) Yes

4) 501 2689 Endpoint is not available:S0/SU0/DS1-0/30 - I did check the hostname and they do match.

Doing the no mgcp /mgcp did not help. Let me know if you want me to post any debugs?

CHRIS

Hi Chris,

Correct - if your T1 is down on a physical level it will not register. It will send exactly what you saw with 'endpoint not available'.

You will need to physically connect this to another router with a loopback, to the smartjack, or with a T1 loopback to get it to register.

hth,

nick

Should not the "Loopback diag" commend on the controller bring the GW up in case of where there is not physically an E1- I`ve used this before to test circuit or GW/card

Okay, I thought the gateway would register even if the endpoint would was not available with MGCP. Thanks for the clarification. If you can provide any more details on this, That would be great.

There aren't many other details - if a voice port is down, shut down, or unavailable, the MGCP gateway will not try to register its availability to CUCM. In this case the T1 is down, so it doesn't tell CUCM to try sending calls to it.

hth,

nick

Hi,

You can connect a loopback cable to your E1 interface to check the interface status. You will connect pins [1 to 4 - 2 to 5]

If you find the E1 controller came up.

Then It is sure you have a problem with your telco

Wish this be helpful

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: