Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Gateway Utilisation Audit

I have a request from a client to get some statistics on how many incoming PSTN calls are coming in on each of their 8 H323 VXML gateways (AS5350XM) . Basically i'm looking to get the number of incoming PSTN calls for each gateway over a period of 2-5 days to find out which gateways are the least utilised so these can be used for an upcoming project. They have a busy Contact Centre so using commands like show call history voice brief for example is not an option.

I've looked at RTMT and cannot seem to find a way of getting this information though I may have missed something.........

I'm also playing with the show voice statistics csr command after setting up a time period - this seems like it could be the right option but i'm a little unsure of the output below if someone could clarify it would be great

sh voice statistics csr interval 1 all
Client Type: VCSR
        Start Time: 2010-10-11T11:00:00Z        End Time: 2010-10-11T12:37:11Z

Is the figure "in_call=1594" the total incoming PSTN calls only or is it counting call legs? I ask this because there is no outbound PSTN calls using this gateway yet it shows "out_call=796".......

If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it

Re: Gateway Utilisation Audit

I am using a SNMP real time graph to see the current status of my AS5350XM voice gateways with the SNMP MIB variable CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB:cpmlISDNCfgBChannelsInUse, the OID:

This can give you real time status of your gateway PRI B-Channel usage if you can poll correctly and save it on any CSV or text file. I am using Solarwinds Engineering Tools which is helping me to poll and save on the files.

Hope this helps!

Mijanur Rahman

CreatePlease to create content