Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

General Question about Call Routing/Dial Peers/CME

Hello,

Consider the following situation: 30 different company locations, interconnected via DMVPN, all running their own CME installations.

In order to let them communicate via VoIP/CME to each other, each box needs to have - according to my current understanding - at least 29 voip dial peers configured, one for each target location - which could become a bit unhandy.

Question: Is there a specific (Cisco?) product for such a scenario, which acts as some kind of a dynamic central instance/directory server, which is aware of all these locations including their dial plans and just send redirects back to the CMEs? Or is there no other way then configuring each and every location as a dial peer on every CME box?

Would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can explore Gatekeeper, it can be used here. Gatekeeper does centralize the dialplan and call admission control.

Suresh

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

you can configure 30 dial-peers and install all 30 in each location but delete its own. (may be it is not nessesery)

so in each location will be only 29 to another locations.

you can do also one dial-peer to central location. install in central CUBE and possibly disa.

so all calls go to central CUBE and from CUBE to another location. topology star. and two legs calls.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

+5 for both very good replies from my colleagues here, I agree that centralizing is the way to go and SIP proxy (i.e. CUSP) would be another alternative, check out CME SRND for a good section on your options:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/cmesrnd/multcme.html#wp1071848

Keep in mind that each option will require you to pay for license of either CUBE, GK, or CUSP so managing 30 dial-peers on each router (not many dial-peers if you ask me) may be a small price to pay, depending on your situation.

Another option would be to convert to CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

Ok, many thanks - I´ll have a look on that!

Great, let us know and rate appropriately.

Chris