Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

Geolocation: Unspecified to Unspecified...

Hi all,

I already have an existing Centralized CUCM 8.x cluster serving multiple countries.

I need to add Thailand users and need to enable "Geolocation" feature to allow National toll bypass and restrict Intenrational toll bypass but would like to have minimal impact to other existing users configuration.

I would like to configure like below...

1. Default Geolocaiton enterprise parameter to "deny"

2. Configure geolocation for new users as "Thailand"

3. Geolocation fitler as "Thailand" to "Thailand" as permit to have national toll bypass

With the above config, rest of existing users will be having geolocation as "unspecified". With the above config, is it allowed from "Unspecified" to "Unspecified" without any restrictions? Or, is it possible to define "unspecified" to "unspecifed" as "allow" in Geolocation filter?

Thanks in advance...

Regards...

Ashok.

With best regards... Ashok ----------- Pls kindly rate if helpful or answered your question.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Looks like using unspecified will work for you (haven't tried it myself) form this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fslopar.html#wp1175567

For devices that do not participate in logical partitioning policy checks, define the geolocation as Unspecified or leave undefined.

Note Devices  that do not associate with a geolocation or geolocation filter do not  participate in logical partitioning policy checks. This lack of  association can get defined at the individual-device level, the  device-pool level, or the enterprise-parameter level.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Looks like using unspecified will work for you (haven't tried it myself) form this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fslopar.html#wp1175567

For devices that do not participate in logical partitioning policy checks, define the geolocation as Unspecified or leave undefined.

Note Devices  that do not associate with a geolocation or geolocation filter do not  participate in logical partitioning policy checks. This lack of  association can get defined at the individual-device level, the  device-pool level, or the enterprise-parameter level.

Bronze

Hi Joe,

Great. Thanks a lot for sharing the info.

I heard from one of my colleagues that it will block unspecified to unspecified. But as per the docs, it should work.

Thanks a lot.

Ashok

With best regards... Ashok ----------- Pls kindly rate if helpful or answered your question.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content