Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting MAC Address from CCM 8.0

yogesh bhalerao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am Having CCM 8.0 and want to Import MAC Addresses of All the IP Phones Configured in CCM,can anybody Guide me how to Import MAC addresses of all Phones via GUI of CCM 8.0

Any Help would be Appreciated

7 Replies 7

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

you export  the min. or specifc details for all phones and then import them back in CCM 8.0  but make sure the BAT files in each CCM are the same, copy and paste the MAC address into the new BAT file if need be-

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Yogesh,

One way to get the MAC addresses of the IP phones via the CUCM gui is

to go to Call Routing > Route Plan Report and once it loads

up look at the top right hand corner of the page for "View in File" this will allow

you to save a copy in .csv format

7001 DeviceSEP000B5FE1292DQ335 - Test
7002 DeviceSEP0017956DA572T110A-Andrew Reil
7003 DeviceSEP0017956C88DFX210- Mike   Podovinnikoff
7004 DeviceSEP0024C40B560EI108- Brian Henderson
7005 DeviceSEP001B0CAD7CFFU231H - Shelley Fried
7006 DeviceSEP44E4D945196BB349P - Sessional -   B349P

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks very Much but its not listing names of all users its listing for some users and some users MAC address

DeviceRakesh Bhalla

DeviceSEP44D3CA591F0DSEP44D3CA591F0D
DeviceSEP2C3F38C844ADSEP2C3F38C844AD
DeviceAN1FCAF24218003AN1FCAF24218003
Device

DeviceGopal Chitoor

DeviceSEP2C3F38C83817SEP2C3F38C83817

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Yogesh,

Yes, for this to work the way you want you would have to populate the

"Description" field when adding devices to CUCM. Without that field I can't see

any other way except perhaps using the BAT export feature

Cheers!

Rob

Rob is correct (+5 big R.) the best way to get this data out of CUCM  is to use BAT. If you are trying to move from one CUCM to another then  version differences may come into play. If you were moving between CUCM  clusters that are the same version, you could use bulk export "All  Details" for a phone but you have to make sure certain things are  provisioned on the target CUCM before you import (e.g. users, softkey  template names, phone button template names, partitions, etc.).

You  can also export specific fields from the source CUCM and import into a  target CUCM. Again, you will have to do some prep work on the target OR  normalize the exported data file to conform to the target CUCM config.  It is always a three step process (at a minimum).

When  you have different CUCM versions, the "All Details" export typically  adds the challenge of field alignment due to feature differences. It is  pretty easy to find these by exporting "All Details" from both CUCM  clusters. Then open both in Excel. From here you can compare headers (I  like to select the header row, copy, and paste [transposed] in another  sheet. It is easier to do a side by side comparison).

If you just want the MAC addresses and that is all you care about, then you can run this query from the console:

admin: run  sql select tm.name as model, d.name, d.description from device as d  inner join typemodel as tm on d.tkmodel = tm.enum where d.name like 'SEP%' order by tm.name

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

http://ucguerrilla.com

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Bill,

Another great response from the ucguerrilla +5 all day long.

Cheers!

Huff

Hi Guyzzzz,

Thanks for all your responses but my CCM ver are same 8.0,frankly speaking i am just still not able to understand,can you please tell me workaround again

Sorry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: