cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting my ducks in a row CM4.1 to 6.1.2 upgrade

hypnotoad
Level 3
Level 3

Hey all, I just want to be as prepared as possible. I have a production CM4.1.3 cluster with two nodes.

I just finished building and testing my new 6.1.2 cluster. I have new hardware and they are running on the same VLAN but with different IP addresses. I've tested Attendant Console and Extension Mobility and that is working. The licensing is done.

My plan is to shutdown the old cluster, renumber the new cluster to be what the old one was, and hope it all works.

My biggest concern right now are the gateways. I run MGCP now with most gateways running IP Voice 12.3T. Is there anything I should be doing to my gateways prior to the swap?

--Patrick

4 Replies 4

shrutid22
Level 1
Level 1

by renumbering if you are planning changing the IP address of the CM server thats not easy.

I had to wipe off whole config and rebuilt the entire cluster for changing the IP adresses.

there is a document available on changing the IP adrresses but not sure if thats going to be the correct way of doing it.

think twice.

about MGCP.. you probably have to change the IP address of MGcP manager on the router to point it to new one and then configure the the MGCP on the CUCM. IT should work

All the best

I have the documented procedure for IP address changing and have tested it. I'm not worried about that.

What needs to be done on the cluster to enable or configure MGCP? The gateways were all migrated over with DMA. Is there an additional step?

--Patrick

Go into each one of the router if they do not come up and do a

no mgcp

mgcp

And you are correct chaning the host name and ip address is supported in 6.12.

You may also need to shut noshut the controller T1

I made th switch last Friday night. It was surprisingly uneventfull. Most of the time was spent upgrading the Attendant Console software on 17 machines.

I never did anything to any of the gateways. They just worked.

--Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: