Views
Helpful
Replies

global dial plan

simmo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to set up a global dial plan as per SRND for CUCM 7. I've got the phones working good, using +613865XXXXX for the directory numbers.

My trouble starts with Unity... I cannot set extensions in Unity with a +. I've set the extensions un Unity without the + (ie just 614865XXXXX). But, when you ring an phone and get diverted to Unity, the call gets sent to the Operator handle, because the extension is not recognised.

any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You just ran into one of the caveats with normalization, basically besides CM and CUPS no other applications support it yet, this includes Unity, CER, UCCX, UCCE, etc.

In my opinion until all other applications support it, it's not worth the time to implement it.

If you want to continue you can try transformation rules or translation rules to eliminate + before sending call to Unity.

Good luck, HTH

Chris

thanks for that.... just not what i wanted to hear!!

I will have a look at transformation patterns etc today. I'll let you know how I go. I'm not hopeful though.

Cheers....MS.

Exactly. After you get indoctrinated about the deep meaning of + in a perfect E.164 world (that doesn't exist), you will drop its use after one week in the real world.